Cutie animals....

August 22, 2008

I have had this layout idea in my head since the first time I saw this cute line called "My Dearest" by Sassafras. Well, it finally came to fruition last night, when it just struck my fancy to get it done! I have a zillion nature and animals shots that I will never get completely scrapbooked, and that is okay. But, these are some of my favorite wildlife shots that HAD to get scrapped. (Click on the layout to view it larger!)



And this is my card for this week's sketch, sketch 78 at the CPS Blog, featuring more of the same line from Sassafras. I believe the new lines are going to be in stores soon...and I want ALL of them. So, I am trying to use up my existing stash of Sass to make room for the new stuff!

Any great plans for the weekend? Josh has to work a lot this weekend, so I am going to just lay low. Get some scrapping in, church on Saturday night, and clean the house up. It is a bit of a wreck from the past few weeks. We have gotten a lot done over this week, but I need to do the not fun things like dust, mop the floors, clean bathrooms, etc. Yuck...but it's got to get done!

The countdown is now to 14 days until Casey's first football game! I get more excited by the minute! Who knew I would end up with a "star" quarterback for a little brother? Tee hee!

Well, that is all I have for now! I hope that everyone has a very happy Friday!

~Lea

16 comments

  1. Very very cool layout there Lea!!! And the card...GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Lea! I love your photographs of the animals:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your wildlife photography is stunning, Lea! You really are blessed to be surrounded by God's creations!

    Your layout is fabulous and so inspiring! I love the Sassafrass Lass lines you've used for both the layout and the card! That glittered flower is simply yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout! And the card is beautiful!!! And I am so honored that you linked to my blog I could kiss you! Thanks a million! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, what a great page! those animal pics are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. girly, i LOVE that layout, and i LOVE that paper. I also LOVE your card for this week. . . umm, actually now that i think of it, i dont believe i have ever NOT loved ANYTHING i have ever seen you make - for REAL. serious! have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful creations you have!! That layout is fabulous and that card is so pretty!! I loved looking around your blog:) Kathy

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog also!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! Lea that layout is just GORGEOUS!!!! The photos are spectacular and the pattern paper is so darn cute it goes perfectly!!! lOVE lOVE it!!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lea, thanks for dropping by my blog and of course you can link me!! I've popped you in my bloglines so that I don't miss an update!!! I'll link you also to my blog!! Wow, just love what you've done with the dearest range! Super creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sassafras and your card and layour are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout and card, Lea! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous LO and adorable card Lea! You never fail to impress!

    Just thought I'd pop by to let you know that I have just created a card using one of your designs (Cards magazine October 2007) as inspiration- thought you might like to take a peek! You can see it at http://thecatspaperpyjamas.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOu can never have too much sassafras Lea! Love your LO..the little rhinestones look fab and such cute animal pics! ..and the card is just gorgeous! Gx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh.. another gorgeous layout! I love how you 'line' your LO.. going to have to try that sometime!! LOVE it! :) And the pics are fabulous!!

    Your CPS card is so pretty.. the blossom is gorgeous! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally in love with the layout.. seriously!! I just used that little deer today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness you are one talented girl!!! LOVE your creations!!

    Our football week kicks off the day after tomorrow!! I can't WAIT!

    Hugs Lea!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥