My Chatterbox Submission

August 31, 2008

Happy Sunday everyone! How is your weekend going so far? Good here, just nice and quiet. Josh's party on Friday was fun! We ate lots of food, laughed and talked, the guys played video games for a bit, and we watched Andy Roddick's tennis match. Most people left before it was over, but I watched the entire match....and watched him come back and win!! Yes!! He is my fave tennis player, and he has struggled a lot lately. So, watching him come back was awesome!

Yesterday was a lazy day, and we watched college football ALL DAY LONG! Okay, that is a lie...we did watch a movie, "Mr. Brooks", during a period where the games were pretty lame. (Crazy movie...a bit demented. But, it was pretty good.) We did finally get up and moving, and went to church at 7pm. And then came home and watched more football and tennis. Hee hee!

I thought I would share my Chatterbox submission today. I was part of the DT callback, but did not make the actual team. Which is fine- I feel like my submission was lacking a bit. But, to give me a little bit of credit...I had to do my submission while in Utah at the SOY thing and CKU, so I wasn't creating in the comforts of my scrapbook room. I do much better work there! :)

This was the layout that was the required assignment. I REALLY wish I would have had access to my Cricut...because I have the cutest strawberry cut-out on the Indie Arts cartridge that would have been a cute part of the accent. Oh well...I did what I could with what I had access to.

This is the cover of an album that I did for my desk at work. It isn't quite finished yet, but basically the inside is just going to be filled with my favorite photos. As time goes on, I can change the photos out with more current favorite photos. I am excited to put it on my desk!

And of course, I had to do some cards for the submission. Considering that is a large part of what I love to do craft-wise...I thought it was an important part to share. The other two cards I did were picked up for publication, but here are two of them that I can share.


So, that's it. I did what I could with what I had access to...and I am proud that I actually got it done during the hoopla of SOY/CKU week!

Well, I think I am in the mood to scrap now! So, I am going to eat some lunch and then hunker down at my scrap desk and get some stuff done. Have a wonderful Sunday!

5 more days til Panther football,
~Lea

16 comments

  1. wow i just love all your projects! what a cute strawberry girl page! and i love the tree card! so awesome! im gonna add you to my blog list if thats ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your projects are great...and its Chatterbox's loss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your layout is stunning!!! They were crazy not to pick you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single piece is PURE YUM! What great creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every single piece is PURE YUM! What great creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's really a pity you didn't make it, because your submission was stunning !

    xxx from France
    Sophie


    my card blog : http://cardsandstamps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your entry is in no way lacking...it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything you created is amazing as always Lea, hope you had a great weekend! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those were fantastic entries! Not lacking in my opinion. Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea, these are fantastic! Color, layout, every little detail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is it's CBX's loss too , Lea ! Keep on keeping on with your own unique style ! lol frankly I am actually miffed that at least 2 names on that new DT list is practically a given - but if they were giving products more power to all the recipients ! No complaints about that !lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. These rae all `Stunning` Lea...I love your style~X~

    ReplyDelete
  13. CBX will be sorry they passed you up Lea! Your work is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome entries, Lea! Congrats on the DT callback. Sorry to hear you didn't make the team. It's their loss. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥