Thursday already!!

August 28, 2008

Okay, I seriously can't believe it is Thursday already!! This week has flown by!! Ack! We are having a party tomorrow for Josh's birthday (which was yesterday), and I have SO much to do tonight to get ready for it! I really shouldn't have put it off this long. Oh well...I will get it all done...I always do!

I have a couple cards to show today. First up is the card I gave a peek of in my last post. This is my card for this week's sketch, #79, at CPS. This is the new "Sanoma" line by Scenic Route...SO pretty! I love it!
And I did this card for this week's sketch at the 2 Sketches 4 U blog. This is a new paper line by Little Yellow Bicycle called "Love Letters". It isn't out in stores yet, but will be soon! The entire collection is really beautiful with lots of flocking, shaped papers, great cardstock stickers....and I really love the colors. It is a deep red that sometimes almost looks maroon with black and grey. There are lots of patterns that can be used for non-love themed projects. I actually look forward to taking some photos at a Griz football game this year, because the colors match perfectly!

So, Josh's 29th birthday was yesterday! We are celebrating more tomorrow with a party, but I did give him his gift and we went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. I got him an IPOD Touch for his birthday. He was pretty excited when he opened it, considering he though I was getting him a video game?! The software did give him a large amount of frustration on our computer though....it is for the most part cleared up now. Although...it did something weird to my photo loading software, and now I have to load photos in completely different than I used to. We have put a service ticket in with Nikon, so hopefully they can help us work through the issue. The important part is I can still get photos to my computer...so that is good! And it made me backup all my photos last night as well...which is even better. I hadn't backed up photos since last winter. Yikes!

My dad called last night to let us know that Casey and his team had their first practice under the lights! What fun! We have been having late fall temperatures the past few days though, so it was like 30 degrees in Sheridan last night! He said it was COLD! That never phases the football players though, and my dad said they look so good this year. His coach came over to my dad and said, "I have two things to say. One, I feel bad for the kid who has to touch Josh. And two, I feel really bad for the kids who have to try to catch Casey." Josh is a defensive end who has gotten really big this year, and is just hitting like a mac truck. And I have already told you about Casey's velocity training in past posts, and the training has really paid off. It is going to be even more fun to watch him this year! I just hope he isn't a blur in all my photos...tee hee!

Well, that is all for me today. I hope that you have had a wonderful week!

Only 8 days until Panther football!!
~Lea

27 comments

  1. Lea your card is stunning! I love all the layers:)
    All of your work is such a huge inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow!!! Both of these cards are amazing!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are both so pretty Lea! Happy birthday to your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your hubby!!
    I LOVE your cards!! You always amaze me with your fabulous talent girl - you are GOOD!! :)

    and omg, I'd KILL for cooler weather like that!!! It's SO HOT here!

    Hope you have a great rest of the week!!

    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both you cards are `Stunning` Lea...
    `Happy Bealted ```b`day` to your hubbie..Have a great Time~X~

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful cards!!!! you have an award on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is such an inspiration. Look at these cards, lovely as ever.

    Joke

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness girl, these cards are yummy...........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards, Lea!! Love that MLYB.. it is gorgeous pp! Oh.. by the way.. my bdays in Feb.. ;) hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea!! I love these cards. The last one is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards!! Your 2S4Y card just blew me out of my seat and across the room!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are absolutely amazing Lea, love, love, them! Football, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards, Lea. I just love your creations.
    Send some cold weather this way. It is so hot here in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your layers and the colours you use. It's a beautiful card. Good luck in the competition!

    Heidi :=)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i *heart* your blog and left an award for you on my blog. i'm sure you've received the award, but you are a regular visit and i shared that with my readers. have a wonderful weekend!!

    hugs & love!
    danni

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful cards, love 2sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all your layers and the colours you have used are so stunning! It's a beautiful card. Good luck in the competition! Thanks for visiting my blog, Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the colour combos! happy pink and green and stunning red and black. gorgeous! hope the party went well. check out my new blog if you have time

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love both cards. So different but great.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lea, that Little Yellow Bicycle paper looks AWESOME. That card is BEAUTIFUL - I love all of them, but I REALLY love the first one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards....as always!! I love your choice of papers and embellishments for the 2S4Y card. And don't you just love the new SR papers? So yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both these cards are great- I love both color combinations! debb

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lea, both of these are amazing--you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥