No Sacrifice

August 2, 2008

We sing THIS song at church a lot, and tonight it really hit home. (That link is just a clip of the song...I couldn't find a whole version of it.) I mean really...what sacrifice is it to give your life completely to God. He has your best interest at heart...He wants better things for you than you want for yourself...He has BIGGER dreams for you than you could even imagine. God wants you to be amazing. That was our message at church tonight. Let God do amazing things through you. Sounds awesome, huh?

Jason Upton - No sacrifice
To you I give my life, not just the parts I want to
To you I sacrifice these dreams that I hold on to

Your thoughts are higher than mine
Your words are deeper than mine
Your love is stronger than mine
This is no sacrifice
Here's my life

To you I give the gifts
Your love has given me
How can I hoard the treasures that you've designed for free?

Because
Your thoughts are higher than mine
Your words are deeper than mine
Your love is staronger than mine
This is no sacrifice
Here's my life

To you I give my future
As long as it may last
To you I give my present
To you I give my past

Because
Your thoughts are higher than mine
Your words are deeper than mine
Your love is stronger than mine
Your thoughts are higher than mine
Your words are deeper than mine
Your love is stronger than mine
This is no sacrifice
Here's my life

God bless you this Saturday night,
~Lea

6 comments

  1. So true! Love this...thanks for sharing!

    Katie

    PS...saw that you tagged me. I'll play along soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Lea! :) Thanks for sharing!

    Also.. I did your 'tag'! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your monday is great Lea! I got my tagged post up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this, Lea! I truly believe that God wanted me to see this because it applies to so much that I'm going through right now!

    What a wonderful reminder to trust Him and sacrifice what we tend to hold onto so tightly when it would be so much better to surrender it all to Him!

    Thank you for blessing me with this message...I've already downloaded the song from iTunes and will be listening to it often. It will be a special reminder to me of you! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard that song yet and yes, it is pretty thought provoking! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this song Lea. Thanks so much for sharing it, along with your thoughts. Remembering that His thoughts are higher than mine gives me a great source of peace. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥