My first CK cover!

October 8, 2008

I was pretty excited when I saw this on the website! Thanks Davinie and Stephanie for the sweet comments regarding the cover on my last post, and to my CPS gals for all the emails! I didn't actually know that they chose my layout for the cover, but though it might have been when I saw it in Brian's office while attending SOY/CKU. Follow this LINK if you want to see a larger version of the layout!
This is just a cute little card I got done the other day, using some of the new Sassafras product. I just love the cute little bunnies...I see myself using them a lot!"Hoppy Spring" Card
Supply List:
Paper/Chipboard shape: Sassafras Lass
Chipboard letters: Heidi Swapp
Letter stickers: Basic Grey
Rhinestones: Glitz Designs & Westrim Crafts (heart)
Ink: Clearsnap
Oval cutter: Coluzzle

And Glitz Designs is going to be on HSN tonight/early morning! To watch it you will want to tune in 2AM and 7AM (EST). Check out THIS post at the Glitz blog if you would like more details! There is going to be a "Frosting" kit featured, and a "Roller Doodle" kit featured on the show. Here are some of the cards I did for the "Frosting" kit.



And here are the cards I did for the "Roller Doodles" kit. Lots of fun!!


So, in other Lea news....I took a one-on-one Photoshop class last night at a local photography store. It was the best $45 I have ever spent, and they are WAY underselling this class time. I feel really comfortable working on portraits in Photoshop now. I took Tanner Rowberry's (#55 on the Panther team) senior portraits a couple of weekends ago, and wanted to make sure the editing was perfect. Let me just say, the dodge and burn tools just became my best friends! Hee hee! My instructor gave me props on my first photo shoot ever, and let me know that many of them were exposed properly and that I use the rule of thirds well. Obviously that is something you shoot for (hee hee, pardon the pun) when taking photographs, but it was nice to hear it from someone actually in the business! I will post a few of my favorite photos when I am done editing. I should be done tonight! I can't wait to show Tanner and his mom this weekend!

Well, that is about it from me for today! I hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Happy Wednesday,

~Lea

25 comments

  1. Wow Lea! A COVER!!! So awesome! And I subscribe! Yeah! I am loving all these creations, thanks for being willing to share your talent with everyone, you truly inspire! And congrats on the photo shoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Conrats on the cover!!! Love all of your cards as well!

    I have an award for you over at my blog. :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the cover!! Beautiful cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Lea!

    LOVE all the cards you posted too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's your cover?! I just recieved my issue of CK and I couldn't take my eyes off the cover! Its sooooo pretty! It definitely deserved to be where it is! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea, congrats! I'm so happy for you :) Its a beautiful layout and it looks great on the cover. I don't get CK anymore but I'm gonna go out and pick this one up just for that.

    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

    So when are you doing your own book? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow congrats on the cover publication! that is so awesome! love all your cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my CK in the mail yesterday, looked at the cover and thought "that has to be Lea Lawson". I knew it immediately because of the signature outline with the 3 jewels. It's very pretty! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea!
    THAT is WONDERFUL!!!! I'm so excited for you! CONGRATULATIONS!

    LOVE your Glitz cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY Lea! Congrats on the cover... that is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy for you girl--STUNNING layout on the cover of CK!! You totally rock girl! Love the latest cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Lea! You must be "over the top" happy right now! So happy you got the cover spot. Glad to hear someone's figuring out photoshop also- I've been doing battle with it a couple of weeks now (even though I've had it for months). Been thinking about doing Jessica Sprague's online class.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOO HOO for the cover girl! I got that and was so excited for you! Fantastic cards you! Amazing stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woo hoo for the cover! And all your cards are just fab. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! Stunning work, I LOVE it all! Don't you LOVE Photoshop I do:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cover------------whoo hoo-----congrats. OMG love your cards. Thanks for sharing
    debbim

    ReplyDelete
  17. Does this mean you're an official
    'Cover Girl'????

    you can rock that bling
    like nobody's business, Lea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WooooHOOO Lea!! Where to begin!? The cover. .. .STUNNING. the cards, ADORABLE. The photoshop class - sounds AWESOME! I can't wait to see your photos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the cover hun these cards are absolutely awesome WTG hun xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. `Congratulations` Lea..Your craetions are always gorgeous:)
    Have a lovely weekend:)~X~

    ReplyDelete
  21. First off, congrats on the cover!! I didn't know it was yours! When I got my mag I looked at it and thought "wow, this could be a copy of Lea's LO's, the 3 blings and such. People are staring to copy her stuff everywhere!" Now that I know it IS yours I like it even more!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOOHOOOOOOOO!!! Congrat's on the cover, Lea!! Well deserved, gorgeous LO!!! Lovin' all your cards too... fabulous!!! I think I need me some new SASS now too... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  23. woohoo on the cover!! looks FAB!! and more gorgeous cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Huge congrats on the cover, Lea! You ROCK!!! :)

    Love all of your cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Goodness you have been BUSY BUSY BUSY!!! I love all the eye candy! Congrats on the cover...you are FAMOUS!!! :D

    I can't wait to see the portraits!!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥