Recent Tulle obsession...

October 28, 2008

I just realized that three of the four projects I am posting tonight have tulle on them. I think I might just have a little bit of an addiction to tulle these days...must be my new thing. Tee hee! ;)

Isn't this little witchy card adorable!! I used some of the My Mind's Eye's "Nightlight" paper line, and embellished with that cute K & Company witch sticker, and some generic glittered foam stickers from Michael's. That second layer on the card is just a square of cream colored felt...I thought it added some good dimension to the card. And then of course...the black tulle tied in a bow, and a pin & rhinestone added to it for some bling.

This is one of three October assignments for Provo Craft. I used the new "Combo Snowflake" (cut and emboss) for the Cuttlebug machine. After cutting and embossing the snowflake from white cardstock...I covered it in shimmery glitter to give it that extra something! This card uses Basic Grey "Figgy Pudding" papers, some SEI ribbon, and American Crafts sentiment rub-on...and lots of zig-zag stitching. Love the handmade touch that gives it!This is my second October Provo Craft project. I used my Cricut Expression and the Indie Arts solutions cartridge to cut out the lips and the "smack" diecuts, glittering the lips and setting aside to let them dry. After assembling the strips of paper and stitching them, I attached them to the tin using my hot glue gun. I then filled the tin up with kisses and then tied a tulle bow around the closed tin. Then it was time to assemble the lips and attach to the middle of the bow as an accent. Then I attached the "smack" cut, and added a little Valentine's Day rub-on directly to the tin.

And last but not least is my third October Provo Craft project. I cut out the tag envelope using my Cricut Expression, and the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge, and then assembled it. I then embossed a block of orange cardstock with the new "Pumpkin Harvest" embossing folder for the Cuttlebug and adhered it to the front. Then I cut the leaf out with my Cuttlebug as well, using the new combo "Maple Leaf" die & emboss set. Once everything was attached and accented, I cut out the letters using my Cricut and the "Street Signs" cartridge, and finished off the envelope. So, that is all for me. Football season has officially ended for the Panthers. I know that I have a football update left to do of the last game in Belt...I am hoping to get to it by the weekend. I have just had other things on my plate this week!

Hope that your week is going well!

Have a great night,
~Lea

12 comments

  1. Love the tulle Lea! Think I might have to purchase some to use on my projects. I had a recent felt obsession, felt was everywhere! Your cards are also too cute. And your cover layout on CK was great, think I might scraplift it for a future page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tulle addiction. I have lots left over from a Halloween costume I made. Did you happen to see the net tulle??? It's awesome stuff.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these projects, Lea! I can see why you would be addicted to tulle...it's so fun to use! I love how you made them into "poofs" that look like flowers...so clever! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE you creations!!! and I love tulle to!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your tulle obsession!! I just used Tulle on a layout too! It's fun stuff :)

    BEAUTIFUL cards Lea!!

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Happy day before halloweenie!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all these creations and the tulle, the witch card is my fav... so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tulle!!! You have inspired me to try something different!! Thanks Lea!! I love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea,
    I got your box of wonderful goodies today!!!!! Thanks so much, you made my day! LOVE it all great gal! Thanks again and BTW the tulle on the cards is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome creations lea !! i love how you used the tulle very very creative !!
    hugs
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These are some beautiful cards! I love the tulle, I my have to try using some myself.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥