Happy World Cardmaking Day!!!

October 4, 2008

**ETA: The winners of the Paper Crafts/Basic Grey RAK are posted after the challenge. Please read to the bottom of the post to find out who they are! Thanks!!**

Happy day of cardmaking to everyone!! Hope that your day has gone well so far! I am still at my parent's house, so this post is coming to you from Sheridan, MT! My Panthers lost last night, but I will post more about that on my next football post on Monday.

So, I told you that I would be giving you a little challenge for World Cardmaking Day on my blog today. This challenge is a fun one, and a super easy one! It is what I call my "Hoarders Anonymous" challenge!! I challenge you to make a card using your most recent purchase or addition to your stash of product!! I just got a bunch of the new Sassafras Lass stuff this past week in the mail, and I was SO excited to use it!! This is my card for the challenge, and it is also my card for this week's sketch at the CPS Blog. If you are new to cardmaking, I would highly recommend checking out our sketch site! It is full of inspiration, and lots of fabulous sketches!

I want everyone to have time to do my challenge, so I will give you until the time I post on Monday to post a link to your card on this blog post! I have a great prize for one lucky card maker who does my challenge! I don't have a photo, but will try to add one later. But, I have some Scenic Route papers (the entire Grafton paper collection), some stamps (can't remember the brand of the top of my head), a September issue of Cards Magazine and other fabulous embellishments!

Next up, time for the winners of my RAK from the last post!! I used the random number generator, and here is what I got:

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
63
18
Timestamp: 2008-10-04 20:21:40 UTC

And the winners are.....

Randa said...
I love making cards because it's something I can just for that person I am giving it to. It's also something I can that doesn't take hours out of my day, but when I am in the mood to do something creative, I can make a card.
October 4, 2008 12:55 PM

luvzenkm2 (Leea) said...
Love the cards, I like making cards as it so much more fun and personal to think them up then going to a store and buying. Now for the papers love them both, the magazine is on my want list...now if you could just send me mojo and the time to use it ;) Thanks for the chances!
October 2, 2008 5:12 PM

Congratulations ladies, and thanks to everyone for the great comments! I loved reading each and every one of them, and learning why everyone loves cardmaking as much as I do!! To the winners, please email me your address information to jnllawson at bresnan.net. (Obviously you need to type it in correctly, but I don't want any more junk mail than I already get!)

And I really hope you all join me in my challenge! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Have a happy day full of cards,
~Lea

16 comments

  1. Oooohhhh it looks like I'm first for the challenge. I've been making a few cards today - but the one with my most recent purchase is a Sizzix Die (the large scallop one) that I used on my breast cancer card here:

    http://scrapping4twins.blogspot.com/2008/10/happy-wcmd.html

    Happy WCMD to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they lost? seriously? oh man, you HAVE to post, i HAVE to know what happened......i'm so sorry, how's casey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun challenge. I couldn't open your "sketches", though.Your cards are beautiful! I scrap-lifted my basic design from a Halloween card by "atsamom" on Split-Coast Stampers. It was possibly a "Weds. Sketch" there, as I look at those alot, but I'm not sure. Thanks "atsamom", loved your card.
    My latest purchase was this dotted paper by Doodlebug Designs. Knew it would make a good birthday card. I'm making another to go along with the challenge using a bigger piece of the same pp, but don't want to post it, as the recipient might see it. LOL!-Bev P. "skeeterOR"@ ckmb

    http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/images/zoom/1539_1223187511/viewsize/CandleBirthday08_001.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used new products on all of my cards I made for WCMD. Love your blog, too cute!
    http://thecountryscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card - so cute!
    And here's mine:
    http://scrapownia.blogspot.com/2008/10/hoarders-anonymous-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winners & what a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is simply gorgeous well done hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, you made me want to use up that SL pp that I was hoarding for who knows what in a household of boys:) but I really loved how my card turned out,nevermind not knowing to NOT use liq.glue to attach ribbon:( Here it is, thanks Lea, and sorry about the TB loss:(
    http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=28&catid=70731&page=viewproj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here is my fun card using fun new SEI stuff! http://wonderwoman-diana.blogspot.com/2008/10/world-card-making-day.html
    Thanks for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. lea your card is just adorable! i love that lil bunny :)
    on friday i received a halloween kit i purchased . i made 2 cards.. you can check them out HERE and also HERE
    thanks for taking the time to have a peek! have a super day! hugs shelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought WAY too much stuff yesterday and even used some of it (trying to hoard so much!!) Here are some I made with Sassafras Lass that accidentally fell in my basket.

    http://jenniferhansenscrapgallery.blogspot.com/2008/10/sassafras-lass-cards.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all let me say I love your blog and your work is amazing! Secondly thank you for making a challenge that didn't end at midnight last night and a fun one at that. Here's my attempt (-;

    http://vanlaardesigns.blogspot.com/2008/10/lauras-wcmd-sketch-turned-hoarders.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lea your card is adorable!! Sounds like a fun challenge, wish I would've had the time to play along!

    Have a great week!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is SO adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card Lea, seriously cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥