Enjoy the Moments....

August 17, 2011

Well, hello there everyone!!  I know...I am probably a stranger to you by now!!  You know that I have had some struggles going on in my personal life, and those are still there.  But, I have also just been BUSY!  I went to Tennessee for a week, chaperoning a youth missions trip.  I had to go to a funeral right when I got home, and then booked a last minute wedding....which means I have barely been home in the past two weeks.  I think I am finally home for a bit...and can get back to work.

I have a card to share with you for Stamper's Dream.  I have used the Viva la Verve August Week 2 sketch to help with the design of the card.  I also created it for the Moxie Fab: Fabulous Felt! challenge, the Shabby Tea Room #75: polka dots, & Color Throwdown #155 (early espresso, rose red, barely banana, kiwi kiss).  Here is what I created:
"Enjoy the Moments..." supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (black) & Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: Making Memories (Mistletoe: Diecut Icon Stripe, Icon Dot)
Stamps: JustRite Stampers (Merry & Bright set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: ruby) & Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black)
Felt/Ribbon: Making Memories
Twine/Jewels: Darice Inc.
Button: Fancy Pants
Ornament Die: Spellbinders (2010 Heirloom Ornament)
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Make card from black cardstock.  Sand the edges of a dot paper block, and adhere to the front.  Sand the edges of a border paper strip, and adhere to the top, popping the bottom off the card using foam adhesive.  Stamp the ornament and sentiment to vintage cream cardstock, and diecut.  Adhere to the upper left side of the card, and accent with felt mistletoe.  Tie a bow from black gingham ribbon & natural twine, then adhere the two together.  Tie a bow around the middle using twine, then adhere to the top of the stamped ornament.  Add three jewels to the lower right corner to finish.

This Christmas themed paper is at least two years old, and it is still some of my very fave!!  I keep every little scrap of it, and plan on using it until it is gone.  I don't really care that it is no longer available...I just love it!!

Well, I better get going for now.  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your day! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

17 comments

  1. So So stinkin cute Lea!!! :-)Thanks for sharing your awesome card this week with us at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty!!! loving that sweet gingham bow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute felt holly leaves for this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work, my friend! I love every single thing about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to see your work again. Life happens and gets in the way of crafting sometimes though. Beautiful card through and through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is goregous! Love the papers and embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is blowing me away! Love the ribbon with the felt holly leaves behind it balanced by the gems at the bottom. Perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! Love the big ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Came from Moxie Fab world's challenge to say how pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful holiday card--love the gingham bow with the button accent! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect combo of paper, ribbon and adorable felt leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Lea! Thanks for linking this up to the Fabulous Felt challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, Lea! I love the ribbon/twine treatment.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥