Let Go & Thank God

August 29, 2011

Happy Monday, everyone!!  I hope that you had a wonderful weekend!  We celebrated Josh's birthday on Friday night at The Pearl Cafe with our closest friends, Grant & Meagan.  Josh's parents graciously paid for the dinner as Josh's present, and we couldn't have been more grateful.  We have wanted to eat at The Pearl for quite awhile, it just hasn't ever been in our budget.  We all ordered different items (with the exception of one appetizer), and passed bites along to each other so we could really taste everything.  It was fabulous!!

Josh's actual birthday was on Saturday, when I had a wedding to shoot.  Josh came along, and helped me shoot so that we could be together.  Our couple, Justin & Ashley, were just SO fun, and so awesome to be around...it was just a great day all around.  They put us up at Fairmont Hotsprings for the night, which was a nice treat.  Once we got back to the hotel after the wedding....we headed out to the pools and just soaked for awhile.  It was awesome!  We drove home yesterday morning after waking up and having some breakfast....and then spent the day with Meagan before hosting our church small group that evening.  It was a busy weekend, and a really great one as well.  I hope that yours was too!

I have a card to share with you for Stamper's Dream today.  I used Clean & Simple sketch #155 to help with the design of it.  The Clean & Simple blog is also playing with ColourQ Challenge #100 to use a past color combo, so I decided to choose one for my card as well...I went with ColourQ #55 (basic black, regal rose, pretty in pink, pink pirouette, vanilla) for mine!  I also created it for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #132, which is about focusing on the sentiment of your card.  Here is what I came up with!
"Let Go & Thank God" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (pink) & Papertrey Ink (smooth white)
Paper: Teresa Collins Designs (Welcome Home: chandelier, Crush: houndstooth)
Stamps: Flourishes (Country Charm Labels set) & JustRite Stampers (Greetings from Paris set)
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black, Versamagic: pixie dust) & Clearsnap (Pigment: dune)
Lace: Making Memories
Twine: May Arts (Natural Burlap)
Flower: Recollections
Buttons: craft supply
Pearls: Kaiser Craft

Instructions:  Make card from pink cardstock.  Cut chandelier paper slightly smaller, ink the edges, and adhere to the front.  Ink the edges of a houndstooth paper strip, and adhere to the top of a white cardstock block.  Stamp the Fleur de lis border to the bottom of the block, then adhere to the front.  Adhere black eyelet lace across the seam, and then stamp the sentiment to the houndstooth strip.  Tie twine through two pink buttons, adding a bow to the middle of the smaller one.  Adhere to the right side of the sentiment, along with a pink paper flower.  Add a pearl to the middle of the twine bow, and below the left side of the black lace to finish.

I was immediately drawn to this sentiment when I pulled out this Flourishes stamp set.  It happens to be where I am at in my life right now, and I knew that I wanted to use it for this card...and I really love how it turned out!  I hope that it brings a smile to your face as well.  

Well, I better get going for now.  I really hope that you have a wonderful rest of your day!! God Bless! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

13 comments

  1. Super cute, Lea! The colourQ's 100th challenge will be posted tomorrow morning & you can link it there! I love the FTLs & was so happy they let us team up with them this week! Thank so much for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Lea! LOVE that sentiment, too! I'm thinking that I need one of those. Just thinking about it is healing :). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME SENTIMENT CARD LEA! Thank you for playing the FTTC with us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lea! Very elegant design and sweet sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting here for the first time.Nice Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Lea! Nothing like getting a head start! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a pretty card, Lea! LOVE that color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lea...I always LOVE your work...this is no exception!! Gorgeous!! Blessings -LORi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea this is GORGEOUS! i love the chandelier background paper and the pink panel you created. That lace is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ. :)

    And thank you for your generous words on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS card, Lea! So elegant and I love the DPs you used. Thanks for playing with us at colourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this card, Lea!
    Hope you are having a happy Labor Day weekend!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥