WPlus9 August 2011: Very Vintage Greetings

August 2, 2011

Hey there, everyone!  Welcome to day 3 of the August release for WPlus9.  Today we are featuring a new stamp set called "Very Vintage Greetings", which also includes a matching Label Layers die as well!  Here is a bit of info on them:

Very Vintage Greetings
  • is a 6x8 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • contains 14 stamps; 3 flower images, 9 sentiments, and 2 frames
  • will be available for purchase August 5th for just $19
Coordinating with Very Vintage Greetings is the Label Layers 3 die.
Label Layers 3 Die
  • coordinates with Very Vintage Greetings stamp set
  • measures approx. 3" x 2"
  • will be available for purchase August 5th for just $6
I used Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday challenge #22 to help with the design of my card.  I also used the CR84FN35 color challenge (lavender, celery, gray) & Timeless Tuesday #129 (favorite flowers) for my card.  Here is what I created:
 "With Sympathy"supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: Bo Bunny (Back to Backs: Heather Dot), Cosmo Cricket (Upcycle: Relove) & Webster's Pages (Nature's Storybook 6x6 pad)
Stamps/Label Die: WPlus9 (Very Vintage Greetings, Label Layers Die 3)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: heliotrope, antique pewter, moss green) & Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black)
Lace trim: vintage craft supply
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Button: Doodlebug Designs
Twine: May Arts
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Scalloped Border Die: Papertrey Ink
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock.  Diecut a scalloped border from purple dotted paper, and adhere to the bottom of a green flourish paper block.  Adhere the entire block to the middle of the card, and then stamp the flowers at the top.  Adhere a strip of gray patterned paper to the left side, then cover the seam with purple lace.  Add a strip of green dotted ribbon slightly overlapping the lace trim.  Tie a bow and add a button around the middle with twine, and then adhere to the top of the ribbon strip.  Diecut the label from vintage cream cardstock, then stamp the border and sentiment to it.  Stamp the flower to cardstock twice, and cut out the necessary parts.  Layer together, and then adhere to the stamped label.  Accent with pearls to finish.

Be sure to check out what the other WPlus9 design team members have come up with tonight!  I am sure it will be a treat!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

23 comments

  1. I Love this Lea! Such pretty and elegant images. I love green and purple together! My all time fave colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Soft green & lavender combo really starts to grow on me :) Love this WPlus9 release!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant! Love the fresh color combination, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your very elegant card! The colors are scrumptious and the new WPlus9 stamps are amazing@@

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Lea! LOVE that stamped, flower row across the top and your combination of elegant, patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous Lea! I love the lilac and soft green colors you chose! Thanks for playing along with us for the Timeless Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, myyyyyyyyyy, gooooodnesssss! YOUR WORK, lovely Lea, always makes me prop my head on my arm and just get DREAMY with it! Exquisitely done! Your use of d/p compliments the stamps and EVERY element, collected here - this is SUPER, DOOPER inspiration! I'm SO lovin' this set - pure stampin' delight! Thanks for the GORGEOUS view! {!}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Lea! Your card is gorgeous! Your layout, the soft patterned paper, the ribbon...everything looks amazing.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog. Just found it by surfing around!! Sharing on Twitter:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Lea! Very soft and feminine looking! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo pretty!! Fun fun gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely! Such pretty embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lea, this is so DREAMY! LOVE the flowers and how you cut and popped the one out! LOVE the lace! PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My jaw literally dropped when I first viewed this card - it is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I am not usually a huge fan of pastels, but you made them so DELISH! I love how you added the flower border on the top with the pearls, I will def have to try that out! Beautiful card Lea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is gorgeous, Lea. Not only are the layesrs put together nicely but so are the layesrs of color, yumminess upon yumminess.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, everything is perfect, but I'm drooling over the row of stamped flowers across the top. (confession: I think that single flower may be my favorite, so many possibilities) Elegant perfection as always Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful (again). Love those soft elegant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, Lea! Those tiny flowers look great here! And I love your pearls - perfect placement.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very lovely card wtih beautiful colors! I love the lace, ribbon and flowered background...so so pretty!!! Take care!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty patterned papers and little pearl accents! Nice card :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lea, Your card is so soft and pretty. Gorgeous colours together, I love the little stamped flowers and the very pretty ribbon and lace.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Girl, you make my heart sing with this gorgeous card! Love everything about it :) !!! Thank you for joining us at the FTTC! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness!!! This is beyond GORGEOUS!!! WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥