Happy Thoughts

August 25, 2011

Hi there everyone!!  I hope your day has been going well so far.  I don't have much to post about....just been cleaning my house like crazy and trying to get everything else done that is needed.  I was home so sporadically for about three weeks, and was so busy before that....it has definitely taken its toll on my house.  I am working on get that rectified...I am not a fan of living in a messy home.  Yuck!!

I have a card to share for Stamper's Dream today.  I also used Mojo Monday #205 again to help with my card design. I don't typically use a sketch twice...but this one seemed to call my name again.  I also used CR84FN #36 (yellow, kraft, neutral)...such a FUN color combo!  I love it!  Here is what I came up with:
"Happy Thoughts" supplies: 
Cardstock/Scalloped Border Die: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream)
Paper: Glitz Design (Scarlett: polka, Love Nest: stripe) & Jillibean Soup (Talk Soup: cup of yak) 
Stamps: JustRite Stampers (Forever Friends set) & Glitz Design (Distressing Set 3)
Ink: Clearsnap (Mixed Media: honey, Pigment: dune) & Tsukineko (Momento Dye: dandelion)
Ribbon: Bo Bunny
Twine: May Arts (Natural Burlap)
Button: Fancy Pants
Flower: Prima Marketing
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Tag Die: Custom JustRite by Spellbinders (Nested Sentiment set)
Sewing Machine: Brother
Thread: Coats & Tails

Instructions:  Make card from vintage cream cardstock, and ink the edges with dune pigment ink.  Cut yellow paper slightly smaller, and ink the edges.  Diecut a scalloped border from striped paper, and adhere to the right side of a scripted kraft paper block.  Ink the edges of the paper block, and adhere to the upper left corner of the yellow block.  Stamp the postcard image to vintage cream cardstock, ink the edges and cover in glitter.  Adhere directly below the kraft block, and then zig-zag stitch along the edge of the two paper blocks.  Adhere ribbon around the seam.  Tie a bow from matching ribbon, and a double bow from twine.  Thread the same twine through a yellow button, and then layer on top of the two bows.  Wrap the threaded twine around the bottom of the bow, and then adhere the entire piece to the front.  Wrap the remaining twine around the top of the card.  Stamp the sentiment, diecut & emboss the tag, and adhere it below the bow.  Accent the right side of it with pearls.  Add the flower to the card front to finish.

I kind-of love the sentiment...it makes me think of Peter Pan.  Tee hee!  ;)  And it is a good reminder to try and think happy thoughts everyday.  I think that is important. 

Well, I better get going for now.  I hope that you have a great rest of your day. ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

11 comments

  1. Beautiful card! Love it! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a darling card! I'd say you aced both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, Lea! The flower is so divine! Lovely ribbon, button, and paper! A perfect sentiment for a perfect card...LOVE IT! Have a great weekend...take care!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Lea! Love the big, beautiful bloom and wonderful mix of patterns! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday and CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lea, that is gorgeous! I've had to remind myself several times that in order to see the rainbow, we first have to get through the rain. Sending more happy thoughts your way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So completly `Beautiful` Lea....always a pleasure to catch up with your gorgeous creations..hope you and yours are well :)Enjoy the rest of your weekend:) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! Love the fancy blossom! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is gorgeous, love that flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh la la! Pretty!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥