Cozy Winter Birthday

January 16, 2012

Hey there, everyone!  I hope that you had a wonderful rest of your weekend.  The rest of mine was nice and laid back...just what I like!  It was a fun birthday weekend, with a lot of relaxation too!

I have a card to share with you today in celebration of my birthday this past weekend.  It is also ice skating themed, which is probably because I REALLY wanted to go on Friday night...but the rink cancelled open skating that night.  It made me sad, but we made up for it by playing a really fun game with all our friends.  And we are definitely going to be planning a skating night with our friends when they DON'T cancel it!  Tee hee!  Here is what I created:
"Cozy Winter Birthday" supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (kraft, vintage cream) 
Paper/Paper Layers/Transparency/Epoxy Stickers/Jewel: Glitz Design (Beautiful Dreamer: Houndstooth, Floral, Polka, Toile)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (On Ice set) & Glitz Design (Beautiful Dreamer set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: frost white, Donna Salazar Mixed Media: honey, chiffon & Stephanie Bernard Dye: chocolate)
Ribbon/Twine: May Arts
Seam Binding: The Cat's Pajamas
Button: American Crafts
Flowers/Pearls: Michael's brand
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Dies: My Favorite Things (doilies) & Papertrey Ink (skate)
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Make card from kraft cardstock, round two opposite corners, and ink the edges.  Cut houndstooth paper slightly smaller, round the same corners, sand the edges and adhere.  Cut a strip of floral paper, round the upper right corner, sand the edges and adhere.  Cut a strip of heart dotted paper, round the lower left corner, sand the edges and adhere.  Cut banner edges to a strip of aqua ribbon, adhere to the left side of the card, fold the top over, and tie together with a piece of twine.  Diecut the doilies from paper, and stamp the doily image to the smaller one.  Layer together and adhere to the front.  Add the transparency across the middle, then ink the edges white.  Add a jewel to the middle of the doily, then an epoxy sticker to the right of it.  Diecut and stamp the ice skates, thread with a piece of twine, and adhere.  Tie a double bow from seam binding, add a button to the center with twine, and adhere to the top of the folded ribbon.  Accent the skate with pink flowers, and the top of the card with pearls.  Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner to finish. 

Card Challenges Used:
-The Kraft Journal #54- stamp it pretty
-Our Daily Bread #92- WINTER word play (ink, twine, ribbon)
-Stampin' for the Weekend #24- out with the old
-Annabelle Say It With- anything goes

That is the card that I have to share with you today!  I want to start another fun little feature on my blog, where I share some things that I am personally loving at the moment.  It is like getting to know me a little bit, and you never know when I might share something that you really want.  I know that I love finding new things from other people's blogs, so hopefully I might offer up something to my readers on occasion! 
1. Jou Jou Houndstooth Coat:  Josh got this coat for me for Christmas, and I just LOVE it.  It is a bit thin, but we are having a super mild winter right now...so it has been a perfect layer over top of my clothing.  And because it is thinner, I will be able to wear it all the way throught Spring!  (And I am dying over the price of it right now...pretty sure Josh didn't get THAT deal! Tee hee!)
2. No link to this one....because my amazing husband crocheted this for me in just a couple hours the other day.  I have been wearing it a ton...and I just love it!  It is my super cute, flowery Griz hat!
3. Maurice's Lace Tiered Tank: My little brother got this for me for my birthday.  It is SO cute with a pair of jeans, and I have the perfect gray sweater to go over it for winter.  And this summer, I can wear it by itself!

Well, there you have it!  Three things that I am loving right now!  I hope to do this on my blog a couple times per week....and hopefully you will find some things that you love too! 

Until later,
~Lea L.

P.S.  My January Key Ingredients post went live on the blog yesterday!  Click the detail shot below and it will take you to the full post, so you can see the card in it's entirety!!  Hope you like it!

24 comments

  1. Hi Lea,

    Wonderful card. I like the composition of embellishments and the graphic effect. Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz on our 3rd birthday this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... what a fabulous skating creation ... love all the details. Happy Belated Birthday and have fun when you finally get to go ice skating!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Let It Snow’ challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had just a fraction of your card making ability....this is incredibly beautiful!!!! I just love the skate :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! So many pretty details! Thanks for joining in on the Tuesday Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. your card is INSANELY gorje. has a chilly feel with a wonderful, warm sentiment!

    2. the coat is a STUNNER! i'm a little jealous!

    3. your hubbin CROCHETS?! how awesome is that?! i'm impressed that he whipped that up so quickly - enjoy!

    4. thanks a bunch for celebrating our birthday with us at Charisma! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this card is so amazing... I totally love it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card!! Love all of the sweet elements and the scrumptious colors! (And that hat your husband crocheted is awesome and it looks so darlig on you, too. . did he crochet the flowers, too? what fun!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is fabulous! Love all those beautiful layers and I hope you get to go skating really soon, Happy Birthday!
    Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so so so pretty! That is one of my favorite PTI stamps and you used it so beautifully! I enjoy your blog so much! Have a great day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful birthday card!! I just love the skates and all your details!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one these days..

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beyond adorable, Lea!! My favorite colors in your palette ... {swoon}!! Love it :) Thanks for sharing with us at TKJ!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous Lea, fab papers and detail.

    Thanks for sharing at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  15. A most fabulous skating beauty =) I love those skates and the fabulous doilies. Awesome ribbonry, too. Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters in our Let It Snow Challenge. (I'm also loving your clothing picks. Your husband crochets?! AWESOME!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday! LOVE the sweet skates...what an awesome card! Thanks for joining us in the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! Love the detail!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty card, love the pink houndstooth in the background...and I really like your coat, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card Lea,absolutely beautiful. Thanks for joining in the fun at AnnaBelle Stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lea, this is stunning!!! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow it's gorgeous. Love all the elements..... thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  22. YEAH! You're a WINNER! Be sure to pop back over to The Sisterhood to grab your badge! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥