i.love.u

January 12, 2012

Hey there, everyone!  Sorry for the little bit of a break I took from my blog.  I had a wedding fair to get ready for this past weekend, and it had been taking up most of my time.  The wedding fair was definitely a success, and I had a lot of great compliments on my photography {and on my super cute booth.  I will try to remember and share a photo of it once I get them uploaded!!}

Today I have two cards to share with you, both based on CPS Sketch #250.  If you frequent my blog at all, you will know that I love both CAS and extremely layered cards.  I have used the sketch to create both types of cards, and I hope to do this on my blog more often in the future!!  For my first card, I used lots of fun papers, diecuts and embellishments...here is what I created!
"i.love.u" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (pink)
Paper/Diecuts: My Mind's Eye (Love Me 6x6 pad/diecut sheet)
Stamps: WPlus9 (Heartfelt Mix & Love You More sets)
Ink: Clearsnap (Donna Salazar Mixed Media: black, chiffon)
Metal Charms: Making Memories
Pins: Maya Road
Flower: EK Success
Seam Binding: The Ribbon Reel
Twine: May Arts
Bells/Jewels: Michael's brand
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Make card from pink cardstock.  Cut banner paper slightly smaller, and sand the edges.  Cut four 1.75" squares from different papers, round the opposite corner on each one and sand the edges.  Arrange and adhere to the middle of the banner paper block.  Add three metal charms to the upper right side, and adhere the entire block to the card front.  Cut two banners from patterned paper, and adhere to the top and bottom of the card.  Add a fabric flower to the middle of the card, and accent the middle with a pearl ribbon charm.  Tie a double bow from seam binding & twine, and tie together at the middle with two pink bells.  Adhere the entire ribbon accent to the left side of the pearl ribbon charm.  Adhere the sentiment flags to pins, and stick into the top of the flower.  Stamp the word "4 EVER" right below the striped paper square.  Add heart diecuts to the fussy cut banners, then stamp the pins to the top of each one.  Accent the hearts with clear jewels to finish.

Card Challenges Used:
-Clearly Inspired #43- valentine's day
-One Stop Craft challenge #164- bingo card (distressing, diecuts/punches, charms/pins)
-The Ribbon Reel challenge #19- inspiration photo + polka dots, pink, & ribbon/twine 
-Simon Says Stamp challenge- spots &/or stripes
-Inky Impressions #41- red, pink, white

For my second card, I did a very clean & simple version for the same exact sketch.  I bought these Valentine's diecuts on Tuesday, and I felt like they were just perfect for this card!!  I really love how it turned out!
"Be Mine" supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (kraft)
Diecuts: K & Compan
Stamps: WPlus9 (Love You More set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Chalk: alabaster) & Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black)
Jewel: Doodlebug Designs
Letter Sticker: Glitz Design

Instructions:  Make card from kraft cardstock, then ink the edges.  Adhere the diecut tickets to the middle of the card, then accent the middle with a jewel.  Stamp "today, tomorrow, forever" right below the ticket on the end.  Cut a letter sticker "x" to size, and adhere inside the box next to the word "yes" to finish.

Card Challenges Used: 
-Crazy 4 Challenges #118- use something new
-The Kraft Journal #53- favorite colors

Well, I hope you enjoyed my one sketch, two styles post today!!  As I continue doing this feature in the future, I hope it makes sketches easier for everyone to interpret...regardless of their style!! Have a great rest of your day!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

26 comments

  1. These are both fabulous! I just LOVE the new Valentine's paper! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a card that is really busy, and one that is clean and simple. You did both! Love it! I just got those tags on the 2nd card a couple of weeks ago. Great way to use them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, both are fabulous. The layered card looks so pretty with all the bells and whistles but I love the CAS look of the card you created for us. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZERS Lea! These cards are gorgeous but the first one definitely takes the cake!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWOON.....I just LOVE the first one, all that shabby chic-ness makes me happyyyy! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what stunning cards! I love them both! <3 Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, two fabulous cards. I espcially love the top one, great layout and use of embellies too.
    Thanks for playing along with Inky Impressions and good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea, these are both awesome!!!!!! Love how you used the same sketch!! Gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea I absolutely love your work, its always so inspiring, these are gorgeous cards, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love all the wonderful things you used on your card. Thank you so much for joining us for our "Red, Pink, and White" Challenge over at Inky Impressions Challenges. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and good luck.

    Hugs
    Shannin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty, pretty! Both cards are lovely and that first one is an embellishment feast! The CAS is classy and crisp. :-) Thanks so much for sharing your card with us this week at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are absolutely stunning, Lea! I love all of the elements you have going on in your first card. . .thanks for playing the CIC again :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two wonderful cards Lea, I love the detailing on your first card, so much to look at! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea to showcase layered and CAS! Beautiful cards Lea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW both your cards are simply gorgeous. I love the ribbons, and other embellishments on the first one :) Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards Lea, I especially love the shabby chic look of the first card.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our spots &/or stripes challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing! I love both styles, really - they are equally as beautiful in their wonderful ways! Thank you so much for joining in on our hearts challenge at TPE!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow.. I love them both but the first one is amazing!! Thanks for playing over at Inky impressions xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous cards Lea! I love the simplicity of the second card but my favorite is the first with all its wonderful details. Such a treat for my eyes! Thanks for playing with us at Inky Impressions.
    Sharon, II-DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, really stunning work.
    Thanks for joining in the InkyImpressionsChallenge.

    Hugs
    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I'm jealous. Both your cards are beautiful. And that is true talent to be able to do a collage card and then a CAS. amazing.

    Thanks for playing in our "Valentine" Challenge at Clearly iStamp. Hope to see you on Friday when our new challenge is posted!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely amazing, I just love this card, the layout is superb and love the flower/ribbon cluster. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness!! This is just jaw-dropping - what a simply exquisite card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! love al the details an layers! Thanks for joining us at the Ribbon Real challenge

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Lea! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥