On Your Engagement...

April 14, 2013

Hey there, everyone!!  Did you have a good weekend?  Ours was great!  It felt busy...but kind-of not at the same time.  Hard to explain really.  :)  We spent the day doing pretty much nothing but watching the Masters, eating and chatting with Grant & Meagan on Saturday.  Today Josh spent some time at the Clay Studio while I made cards at home & went to Oula.  Then church this evening, and just hanging out after that.  Like I said...busy, but not.  :)

I have my card to share with you for this week's Shabby Tea Room challenge.  This week the challenge is an inspiration photo, along with using a recycled item.  I kind-of thought outside of the box on this one, and used some lace that my grandma gave me that at once had a different purpose.  It was never used for that project, so I am using a bit of it on this project so it won't go to waste!  So, there you have it...my recycled item!  Here is what I created:
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from vintage cream cardstock.
2. Cut background paper slightly smaller.
3. Thread the lace with seam binding, then wrap around the bottom of the paper block.
4. Cut a banner edge to a pink paper strip, then layer to the top of the card with a doily piece.
5. Stamp the sentiment to the pink strip, then zig-zag stitch along the seam.
6. Adhere the entire paper block to the card front.
7. Cut a scalloped edge to a polka dot strip, cut in two and adhere to the card as shown.
8. Layer the floral vine, fabric flower & paper flower to the right corner.
9. Tie a double bow from matching seam binding, and layer to the flower cluster with two buttons.
10. Add the butterfly and three flowers to the sentiment banner.
11. Add pink pearls to the flower centers to finish.

Challenges:
-Ribbon Carousel #80 - Showers & Flowers
-Totally Gorjuss #179 - Spring Colors
-Cute Card Thursday #264 - Butterfly Kisses
-Divas By Design - Flowers











I will come back and add in the supply list a little bit later.  I need to finish it up, and I still have a couple other things I need to get done.  But just so you know for now....the majority of the product used above is from Prima's new "Divine" collection!

I hope that you've enjoyed my sweet & shabby engagement card today!  I will be back soon with more cards to share!

Until later,
~L.

4 comments

  1. Absolutely LOVE your sweet & shabby engagement card, Lea! Soo gorgeous, and I love that its got a bit of your grandma on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Just a gorgeous combination of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, fabulous, love all the elements!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥