The Best Things in Life

April 27, 2013

Happy Saturday, friends!!  I hope your weekend has been a good one so far!  Josh was up bright & early (well, it was actually pitch black) to head to Spokane for the day with his agents....and I didn't sleep much longer after he left.  So- I've been cleaning, organizing, doing laundry, and creating a card for no other reason than I just really wanted to.  Gotta love moments like that!!  Our replacement espresso machine was delivered yesterday, and after getting it all set up & cleaned thoroughly....I had a vanilla spice latte for the first time in over a week.  Sigh- it was fabulous.  And I am so thankful for companies that honor their warranties...and just send brand new ones rather than fixing it.  That is a very small "best things in life". :)

Since I'm blogging & all....why don't I share with you the card that I created today just because I wanted to.  Tee hee!  I combined Studio Calico "Sundrifter" with Elle's Studio "You and Me", then added some other things here and there to create this sweetie of a card.  I'm totally loving it...I hope you do too!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut pink paper slightly smaller, then adhere.
3. Adhere the tabbed block to the upper right corner.
4. Adhere all of the chipboard circles to the top of it, except for the last one.
5. Adhere the diecut circles to the top of each one, then adhere the vellum frame to the front.
6. Add the diecut circles to the rest of the chipboard circles, including the one not adhered yet.
7. Adhere a blue glitter photo corner to the bottom, then layer the last chipboard circle to the top of it.
8. Add the letter stickers to that circle, then accent with a chipboard arrow & wood veneer @ symbol.
9. Layer the banner cutout with a blue glittered tab to the top chipboard circle, then accent with a wood asterisk & bling.
10. Add sequins to the middle chipboard circle to finish.

Challenges:
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch - sketch
-Studio Calico Weekly Challenge - sequins
-Fab N Funky #168 - love
-Crafting for All Seasons #50 - no stamps
-Simon Says Stamp challenge - anything goes

Well, there you have it!!  That sketch baffled me earlier this week....but then it REALLY inspired me to use up those chipboard circles that have really random cutouts in the center.  Gotta love getting rid of some stash you've had around for ages!!  Yay!! 

I am going to get off the computer, and continue on with my day.  Need to go fold some laundry & put it away.  Talk to you soon!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies:  
Cardstock: WPlus9 (white) Paper: Studio Calico (Sundrifter 6x6)   Other: Studio Calico  (stickers, wood venner, vellum)  |  Elle's Studio (diecuts, cutouts)  |  Maya Road (chipboard)  |  Prima Marketing (jewel)  |  Kaiser Craft (pearls)  |  Martha Stewart Crafts (photo corner)  |  Craft Supply: sequins

10 comments

  1. loving the color, textures, and layers of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! My layering never looks nearly as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this card! I love Elle's stuff, but I have a hard time incorporating it into cards and you have done it so seamlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lee :-) the whole design is AWESOME !! I might just have to CASE this ! LOVE it ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifull card. Love the little diamond flower. Looks verry elegant.
    Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, wonderfully designed. Thanks so much for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. pat k x

    ReplyDelete
  8. adore this card Lea!..and CONGRATS on being featured on the Paper Issues blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use those gorgeous Elle's tags. I've pinned it. Also wanted to say a HUGE thank you for taking the time to pop over to my blog and leave such encouraging words about my latest Glitz layout. You sure made my morning Lea! Congrats on the new team, I am excited to see all the new projects to come. Would love to someday get the chance to work with ya'll xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥