A Little Something...

April 24, 2013

Happy Thursday, everyone!!  Did you have a great Wednesday?  I did some organizing, which was much needed.  It seems like the organization of my craft area is an ongoing process which will never be mastered.  That's okay though...I am constantly purging too.  We have a big garage sale coming up in May, and we make a good bit of extra cash by selling the scrapbooking stuff that I don't use.  For instance...I love being featured in Northridge Publishings, but their goodie boxes leave a lot to be desired in terms of card makers.  So, I just put stuff away in boxes all year long & sell everything at our annual garage sale.  It works great for me, and gives crafters in this area new stuff at a great discount!

Today is another WPlus9 feature day for me, and I have two cards to share with you.  I wanted to try and use as much of the new product as possible over my block of days, which required me to create two really different cards for today's post.  Up first is a bright and cheery card for mom, which I also created for the current 10 minute craft dash.  I was unsure if I was going to be able to get it all finished in time....and you should have seen my desk afterwards (I seriously should have taken a photo).  But I DID get this card done in 9 minutes, 34 seconds....and had time to spare to get the jewels on.  I wasn't sure if I would.  Ha! The key to creating this quickly...is to have EVERYTHING pulled out, organized, and ready to use.  Also- DON'T clean your stamps.  Just peel them off your clear block and keep going (just have a wet rag nearby to wipe your fingers on).  I won't ever take on this much stamping again for the craft dash, but it was definitely fun to take on this once!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock, then round the lower right corner.
2. Cut floral paper slightly smaller, add a purple dotted strip to the right side, then round the same corner.
3. Adhere the floral block to the front, then layer a green paper block & doily to the it.
4. Stamp the first part of the sentiment directly to the doily.
5. Diecut the letters from patterned paper, and the flowers from white cardstock.
6. Adhere the letters directly below the sentiment.
7. Tie pink ribbon around the top of the card.
8. Stamp the different layers to each diecut flower, then adhere to the corner of the doily.
9. Accent with jewels to finish.

Challenges:
-Retro Sketches #60 - Sketch
-10 Minute Craft Dash #16 - Color Inspiration
-Really Reasonable Ribbon #70 - Mother's Day
-Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Up next is a super clean & simple card, using the new paisley stamp set.  Can I tell you a little secret?  I literally get anxiety about having to figure out how to stamp an entire background.  And I have seen some of our other designer's do an AMAZING job with this stamp set creating a gorgeous & colorful paisley background.  But because it seemed so daunting for me this time around....I chose to just use a couple paisley's here and there...and I do love how it turned out!!  Here is what came of it:
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from oatmeal cardstock, then round the lower right corner.
2. Diecut the tag from grey paper & its circle layer from cranberry cardstock, then layer together.
3. Adhere the tag to the card front, then stamp the sentiment to it.
4. Stamp the paisleys and their layers directly to the top and bottom of the tag.
5. Adhere a flower to the top of the tag, then accent the card with sequins & jewels to finish. 

Challenges:
-Runway Inspired #34 - Photo Inspiration
-Stamp and Create April - Diecut(s)
-CAS-ual Fridays #99 - Happy Birthday

Well, there you have it...my WPlus9 inspiration for the day!  The WPlus9 designers have been sharing their creations all month long & it will continue on after my few days as well, so head on over to Dawn's Blog to check everything out!  I hope that you have a fabulous Thursday!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies:  
"Brighten Your Day" card
Cardstock: WPlus9 (white) Paper: October Afternoon (Woodland Park 8x8) & Prima Marketing (Yuki 12x12)  |  Stamps: WPlus9 (Blanket Stitched Blooms)  |  Ink: Tsukineko (onyx black) & Clearsnap (moss green, berry, violet)  |  Dies: WPlus9 (Blanket Stitched Blooms companion, Folk Art Alphabet)  |  Other: Papertrey Ink (ribbon)  |  Doodlebug Designs (jewels)  |  Craft Supply: corner rounder, doily

"Shine Like a Diamond" card
Cardstock: WPlus9 (oatmeal, cranberry crush) Paper: October Afternoon (Woodland Park 8x8)  |  Stamps: WPlus9 (Paisley Pattern, Strictly Sentiments 1)  |  Ink: Tsukineko (onyx black, smokey grey) & WPlus9 (cranberry crush)  |  Dies: WPlus9 (Timeless Tags 2)  |  Other: Prima Marketing (flower)  |  Craft Supply: corner rounder, sequins, jewels

12 comments

  1. Lea your cards are beautiful! I love the papers and how you put everything together they are so pretty!

    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh... adorable cards! Love them both! Especially that perfectly tied bow on your first card.. yum
    Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week! :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh girl, i hear ya on the craftroom organizing. it's a constant with me too!

    gorgeous cards. i LOVE the 2d one. i'm more a CAS type myself!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are fabulous! I like your new blog header and background. I really need to learn how to do this. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do love your gorgeous cards but my favourite is the first one, love the pretty colours.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always lovely inspiration here, Lea! Good luck with the upcoming garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Complete background or not, your paisley card totally shines! Love your selective use of these stamps. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The second card is so beautiful! I love the stitched paisley! Thanks for joining us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Unbelievable! What a beautiful card you have made with so many lovely details.. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
    Thanks for joining the fun at 10 Min craft dash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your take on the Runway photo is fabulous! Again, the placement of each element is detailed and gorgeous!Thanks for joining the fun with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both awesome but I adore the paisley! WOW! Those sequins and the flower. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥