Wish Upon a Star

April 9, 2013

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I hope your day is going well!  I'm on my own for the week, as J is still traveling for work.  I am finishing up editing a wedding from March, and getting caught up on some items that need to be created.  Along with taking care of two very needy pups- I think they are extra clingy because at least one of us has been gone for the past 3 weeks.  Poor pups...they are just ready for their lives to go back to normal!! :)

The song "Stars" by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals just played on my iTunes list, which couldn't be more fitting for the card I am about to share with you.  (BTW- I LOVE that song.  If you haven't heard it, I highly suggest it!!)  I created this card primarily as a birthday card, but it could also be used for graduation season, which is sneaking up on us!  I have mixed Studio Calico, October Afternoon, American Crafts & some other fun goodies, and this is how it turned out.
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from oatmeal cardstock.
2. Cut woodgrain paper slightly smaller.
3. Adhere a star paper block to the lower right side, and a beige dotted paper block to the upper left.
4. Add the tag to the lower left, then wrap a strip of vellum across the middle.
5. Add the two banner stickers to the right side of the tag, then adhere the butterfly journal card over top.
6. Trim the excess journal card, then adhere the entire block to the card front.
7. Stamp the star trails to the vellum strip, leaving the word "loved" showing through.
8. Stitch a button around the bow using twine, then add to the top of the tag.
9. Stamp the sentiment to the journal card, then add a strip of washi underneath it.
10. Accent the washi tape with jewels & a diecut photo corner.
11. Add the diecut stars and wood veneer pieces as shown, then accent with jewels & sequins to finish.

Challenges:
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch - April 7 Sketch
-The Play Date Cafe #176 - Color Inspiration (cappuccino, slate, burlap)
-City Crafter #154 - Birthday Theme
-Stamp and Create April - Diecut(s)
-V's Sweet Ideas #10 - Anything Goes











In case you are wondering, the diecut stars & photo corner are from the Studio Calico "Back to School" ephemera pack.  I couldn't find it anywhere online available for purchase....but I wanted you to be aware in case you had them in your stash!  Of course, if you want to recreate this look you can use any diecut stars or photo corners.

That is all I have to share with you today!  I hope you enjoyed my neutral toned card full of stars!!  Have a wonderful rest of your day, and I will be back soon with another card to share!

Until later,
~L.

17 comments

  1. This is gorgeous, I love the subtle colours and the button on the bow. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love all the elements you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I am so in awe of you and your card making! This card is stunning and I love how well it flows from one thing to the next! Thanks for joining us at V's Sweet Ideas!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love how yyou divided the card up into four parts and great embellishment choices, and LOVING all the gray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have me oohinh and aahing about this card! Gorgeous use of elements and sequins!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work there, thanks for joining in the birthday fun with us here at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely fabulous ... I love your design! Many thanks for playing at CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is gorgeous, Lea! Such an amazing combination, and fun design! Love all the neutrals here, and I'm always so inspired by how you place your embellishments. So creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, you make quite the gorgeous artwork!!! What a BEAUTIFUL card!!!! :D So glad you linked this one to the V's Sweet Challenge! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous mix of pattern papers. And a great sentiment!Thanks for joining us this week at the Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card. I just love the design. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lea: I always enjoy seeing your adorable and creative projects shared. Thanks for playing along at V's Sweet Ideas. I don't know if you're aware, but V's Sweet Ideas has AWESOME low shipping rates and DARLING items that you will LOVE. You can check it out here: www.vssweetideas.com - I promise you will love her products and low shipping rates.

    Also, you know I always LOVE IT when you are able to share with us at Word Art Wednesday. Hope to see you there as well.

    Have a blessed week, and thanks so much for sharing.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    V's Sweet Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Lea and alwys full of creativity! :-) Thanks so much for sharing in our Birthday celebration this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is so lovely! I love these colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Lea, gorgeous card! Thank you for the instructions. It's always wonderful to read how others make their fabulous work. Thank you so much also for playing along with us at CCCB! Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card! Love all the colors and elements you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is gorgeous! Love it. Thanks for joining us over at V's Sweet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥