Hello Glitz! ♥♥♥

April 30, 2013

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!  I hope your Monday went well.  Mine was pretty normal...worked out, worked on the computer, ran errands, met with my friend Laurie for Bible study, dinner with Josh, watched The Voice...pretty much just our normal routine.  Oh- and I booked my travel to Las Vegas this summer for CHA (or whatever it's called there).  ;)  I am SO excited about this!!  I haven't been to CHA in a REALLY long time...and the first time I went, it was too overwhelming.  I just didn't know enough about the industry.  BUT...I do now, and I can't wait to actually meet people that I've "known" forever, it feels.  Especially the Glitz girls....I have worked for them for over 7 years, and never met them in real life.  Eeeeek!  Anyways....I got an amazing deal on my airfare/hotel/airport transportation- and now I just have to WAIT until it gets here.  Good thing I will be busy with weddings soon to fill my time.  :)

Speaking of Glitz Design...we are announcing our new design team this week!  Over on the Glitz Design Blog we announced 2 returning members, me & Noel, and 1 brand new designer, Stephanie!!  You should click on the link and check it out once you're done here...we all answered a small questionnaire, and there are photos of my craft area included in my segment!  If you've never seen where I create....I think it is a pretty cute little space.  Nothing big or elaborate....but I love it!

Since I'm celebrating my continued partnership with Glitz Design, I figured I would share this card today!  It uses the Color Me Happy 6x6 & 8x8 paper pads, among other items.  Did you know that the paper pads actually have more paper designs than the 12x12 counterparts?  They are fabulous, and perfect for card making, or layering on your layouts!!  Definitely check them out if you get a chance.  Here is my card!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut woodgrain paper slightly smaller, then adhere.
3. Cut two paper strips, fussy cut the hello scallops, and layer them all to the front.
4. Cut a banner edge to chalboard paper, stamp the sentiment to it, then layer to the front with a polka dot strip.
5. Stamp the arrow to the card front, pointing to the sentiment.
6. Add the pink heart stickers, the ombre tab & letter stitckers above the stamped sentiment banner.
7. Add a strip of rainbow jewels across the seam of the sentiment banner.
8. Add a glittered photo corner to the upper right corner.
9. Add a cloud sticker, sequins & a wood veneer convo bubble to finish.

Challenges:
-Papertake Weekly - any past sketch (#68)
-Creative Card Crew #35 - bling
-Simon Says Stamp - anything goes

Isn't that a fun & eclectic little card?  It's a little random, but I like it!  :)  We will be announcing new team members every day this week on the Glitz Blog, so be sure to check back each day to see who is returning, and who is brand new!!

Well, that is everything I have for you today!  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies:  
Cardstock: WPlus9 (white) Paper: Glitz Design (Color Me Happy 6x6 & 8x8)   Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop (Chalkboard Sign)  |  Ink: WPlus9 (white)  |  Other:Glitz Design (cloud/letter stickers)  |  Studio Calico  (tab sticker, wood veneer)  |  Echo Park (heart stickers)  |  Martha Stewart Crafts (photo corner)  |  Prima Marketing (rainbow jewels)  |  Craft Supply: sequins

6 comments

  1. So bright, and sweet!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you're getting to go to CHA! And I'm not at all surprised you are still with Glitz. It's a no brainer. You rock that stuff! Loving the SSS stamps with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky, lucky girl, to get to go to CHA!! Your exuberant card reflects your feelings well - so many fun details! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you do it? You can combine so many cool embellishments and it just looks right. When I try, I get a big ole jumble! CHA! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card. Congrats on DT with Glitz for next term.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love all the bling and the different textured embellishments!! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew!

    Mei
    CCC DT
    Love to Create DT
    Crazy Challenge DT
    Anyone for Anya DT

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥