ME Stamp Highlight: Flashy Letters

April 19, 2013

We've made it to Friday, all!!  I hope that your week has been a good one!  We are finalizing our weekend plans, and trying to decide if we want to make a quick little jaunt over to Spokane together.  Josh would have to work most of the day on Saturday, but I could go shopping and hang with my Aunt if she is in town & available.  We shall see...I will let you know in my next post if we end up going!  :)

Today at Mama Elephant we are showcasing the final new stamp set for April, and it is an alphabet stamp set that you will just LOVE!  It is called "Flashy Letters", and it is the same font that many of the sentiments from this month were created in as well!  I love how cohesive the majority of this release was, and how well three of the stamp sets work together!  For my card today, I went with a little sparkle...and created a custom sentiment using my computer and the stamp set.  This is one of my latest fave sayings right now...it is my pick me up when I'm feeling down, so I knew I had to create a card with it!  Here is what I made!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Print the top part of the sentiment using your Microsoft Word or Photoshop & the Century Gothic font.
3. Stamp the rest of the sentiment directly below the printed part.
4. Cut five 1/4-inch strips of cardstock and attach them to a piece of scrap cardstock.
5. Cover them in glitter, then adhere to the top of the card.
6. Fussy cut a camera from patterned paper, then adhere next to the sentiment.
7. Add matching colored jewels underneath the sentiment to finish.

Challenges:
-Muse #13 - Card Inspiration
-CASology #40 - Word
-Crafts and Me #129 - Bling
-Delightful Challenge - Colorful
-Word Art Wednesday #76 - Anything Goes











Yeah- I pretty much love how this turned out.  Rainbows, sparkle, a fabulous sentiment, a cute little Polaroid camera....you pretty much can't go wrong with those things.  Even better when they're combined....tee hee!!

The other Mama Elephant designers also have some projects to share using the Flashy Letters stamps set....so be sure to check them out too!

Savannah O'Gwynn http://savannahland2.blogspot.com/
Lea Lawson http://leascupcakesandsunshine.blogspot.com/
Mariana Grigsby http://marianagrigsby.wordpress.com/
JJ Bolton http://www.jjbolton.org
Cheiron Brandon http://www.cheironbrandon.typepad.com/
Pearl Lui http://kraftypearl.blogspot.com/
Alice Wertz http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/

I hope that you have a wonderful Friday!!

Until later,
~L. 

24 comments

  1. adore all the sparkle and color in this card. So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! Love all the glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another LOVELY card, Lea. I always enjoy seeing your sweet creations, and I'm so blessed to have you share them with us! By the way, I don't know if you saw my blog post (my personal blog post for the WAW challenge at www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com) but if you've used any Freckled Fawn products on any of your entries and you let me know, there is an additional prize. You can see the details on my blog. Thanks again for sharing with us in this challenge, and good luck!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sparkly take on this week's Muse! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the sparkle on this, and your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damnz girlfriend, this stopped my fingers at its mouse track when I first saw it. :) Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the Muse card, love all this sparkle, a really original card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sparkly card. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is something so special about rounded corners. The sparkle encrusted strips of card stock are a showpiece, the sentiment outstanding.
    Thank you so very for sharing this wonderful artwork with us this week. We love seeing it.
    Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is AWESOME! Love the rainbow glitter and the gems...just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous sparkly creation, love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really gorgeous! The sentiment ties in so well with all of your elements. Great job glittering to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is stunning! I love all of that glittery goodness! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love all the rainbow sparkle on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lea, your sparkling rainbow strips look fabulous on this colorful and encouraging card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Bling It Up!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card! thanks for playing with "Digital Delightful" this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card:) Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me challenge - Bling It Up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow I love this rainbow card... so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥