Mama Elephant January Challenge

January 13, 2014

Hey there, blog friends!!  How are you on this wonderful Monday?  I have had such a BUSY weekend, but it was fantastic!!  I had my first wedding fair on Sunday, introducing myself as Fargo's newest engagement & wedding photographer.  And it couldn't have gone better!  I was well received by the attendees, I had some really amazing conversations with prospective brides & grooms, I was pretty much constantly busy talking to people (something I felt was lacking at the shows I did in Montana...people almost seemed stand-offish at those ones) & I've already gotten 5 solid inquiries, two of which are practically booked.

Can I tell you that this was a major anxiety for me?  I was so worried that people weren't going to be excited about someone new...someone with a bit different business concept than most photographers.  Not to mention...I was worried that my photo journalistic & candid style wouldn't be well perceived.  Well, I worried for nothing and I had many people tell me how refreshing it was to hear how I felt about photography in general, & loved the samples I had to share in my booth.  It's a big weight off my shoulders, friends.

So, now let's get to some crafting stuff!!  I am part of the Mama Elephant challenge team, and this month we have a new challenge for you!  Here is the challenge inspiration!
http://www.mamaelephantblog.com/2014/01/me-challenge-january-2014.html

Oh my goodness....isn't that photo amazing!!!  {It actually reminds me of some details shots I've taken at past weddings, & makes me want to do it again this coming season!}  I drew inspiration from the colors, the beautiful flowers & the gorgeous bling throughout the image.  Here is my take on the photo inspiration.
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from oatmeal cardstock, then round the bottom right corner.
2. Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner using silver pigment ink.
3. Tie silver ribbon into a bow around the middle of the card, then tuck a silver tab peeking from underneath.
4. Top the bow with a giant rhinestone.
5. Add the flowers to the card, cascading from the top of the card.
6. Accent with iridescent jewels to finish.

I also used the Viva la Verve January Week 1 sketch as inspiration for my card, and I think it combined perfectly with the photo inspiration from Mama Elephant.

We would love you to play along with us for the challenge this month!!  Here are the guidelines for participating:

1. You must use a Mama Elephant stamp
2. Challenge ends 2/7/2014
3. One winner will be selected as a guest designer for an upcoming release! Woot!
4. No limit to how many entries, in other words, go buck wild!
5. Link up using the Inlinkz tool on the bottom of the Mama Elephant Challenge blog post

That is everything I have for you today....I hope you've enjoyed my card today!  Have a wonderful rest of your Monday...and I will be back tomorrow with a Paper Bakery post! 

Until later,
~L.

“On Your Special Day” Supplies:
Cardstock:  WPlus9 (oatmeal)  |  Stamps: Mama Elephant (Water Blooms)  |  Ink: Clearsnap (silver)  |  Glitz Design (giant rhinestones)  |  Prima Marketing (flowers)  |  Martha Stewart Crafts (silver glitter tab)  | Michael's brand (silver ribbon, small jewels)  |  Adhesive: Zig glue pen, Surebonder hot glue  |  Creative Memories (corner rounder)

3 comments

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥