The Card Concept 29

February 18, 2015

Hi blog friends!  Sorry my little blog has been so quiet...I just have some things going on right now.  But today it is time for another new challenge at The Card Concept!!

http://thecardconcept.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-card-concept-29-get-well-soon.html
For my card, I used the Get Well sentiment and muted tones of all the amazing colors in the crocheted stars!  I've used an eclectic mix of patterned papers, and gave it a bit of a spring feel with the wood veneer & paper flowers.  Check it out!
Creation Instructions:
  1. Make an A2 card from white cardstock.
  2. Cut two blocks of patterned paper slightly smaller, and adhere to the front.
  3. Diecut the stitched rectangle from yellow paper.
  4. Adhere to the front at an angle, then trim off the excess from each edge.
  5. Layer green & pink paper blocks to the top.
  6. Diecut the circle from numbered paper, and adhere it to the top with foam dots.
  7. Diecut the banner from white cardstock & stamp the sentiment to it.
  8. Adhere it sentiment banner to the top of the circle with foam dots.
  9. accent around the banner with paper flowers & wood veneer accents.
  10. Embellish with enamel dots to finish.

Card Challenges:

Supplies:
Cardstock: My Favorite Things (smooth white)
Paper: Studio Calico (Brighton Pier & Wanderlust 6x6 pads)
Stamps: Studio Calico
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine - onyx black)
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Wood Veneer: Freckled Fawn
Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye
Dies: My Favorite Things (Blueprints 18) & Lil' Inker Designs (Long & Skinny Rectangles)

I really hope that you will join us in using this beautiful inspiration photo, & defining what your style of card making is!!  Here is a reminder of the rules:
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, February 16th at Noon (PST).  So be sure to join in on the fun before then...who knows, you could be picked as a favorite!

That is all that I have for you today!  If you want to see sneak peeks of future projects & keep up with me on Facebook, please head on over & like the Lea Lawson Creates page!!  And don't forget to become a follower in the right sidebar so you never miss a post.  Have an awesome rest of your day!!

Until later,
~L.

19 comments

  1. What a great mix of patterns/papers. I really love that fox head too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great patterned paper and what a cute fox!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Lea! Love the mix of papers and sweet fox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the elements on your card, lots of fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of patterns and wood embellies! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! I love this so much!!! The muted colors are so lovely! And all of the embellishments are sooooooo fun!! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It amazes me how many patterns and elements you've combined on this card yet they all work together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is beautiful. I love all of the textures and elements you used to bring your card together! Thanks for playing along with us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beauty! I love this Lea! The little fox, flowers and little embellies are wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card - that little wooden fox is too cute! Wonderful use of PP! Thanks for linking up with us at colour me...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just couldn't wait to click on your card link from the Colour Me...!@ linky so that I could admire all the gorgeous details! Everything works flawlessly together and makes magic! Gorgeous!!! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a load of elements! Absolutely astonishing! Love it!! All the details, colors and elements absolutely blowed me off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the colors and the layering you did with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your wood elements Lea! THANK YOU for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome combination of all patterned papers!! Lea, you are really ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is just gorgeous! I love all the elements you've added to your card and your paper choices are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the use of the patterns and your cute fox- wonderful for a Get Well card :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥