Lil' Inker Designs January 2016 - Day 1

January 27, 2016

For the first time in a long time, I am joining in on this month's full release of new Lil' Inker Designs product.  Laura has been wonderfully supportive, and kept me part of the team while I stepped back & took the time that I needed.

I've got two cards to share with you today using some of the brand new products.  A friendship card seemed fitting to share as my first one, in honor of so many people, Laura especially, in this industry that have reached out to me in some way.  I may not have responded back, but know that I have read every comment, private message & email...and I have appreciated them.

I thought that watercoloring inside of the stitched circles would make it look a little bit like the sun, which seemed fitting for the sentiment.  You will also see in the instructions that I misted the entire watercolor block with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in white.  It is impossible to photograph, but because this mist isn't opaque, it just leaves a nice shimmer to the entire card.  It is a quick & easy way to add the shimmer, and dries fast.
How to create:
  1. Trim & fold A2 card from black cardstock, then set aside.
  2. Add the stitched edges & circle stitching to the middle of a watercolor block.
  3. Watercolor the inside of the stitched circles with distress inks in yellows & oranges.
  4. Dry with a heat gun, then sprinkle water droplets to the watercolor paint.
  5. Let sit for a moment, then pick them up using a paper towel.
  6. Flick droplets of orange, yellow & black paint to the front.
  7. Stamp the sentiment to top of the watercolor circle.
  8. Mist the entire front of the watercolor block with white Heidi Swapp color shine.
  9. Adhere the watercolor block to the black cardbase,
  10. Accent with a gold bow, black enamel dot & sequins to finish.

For my next card, I made a kid-friendly valentine using lots of the little critters in the Lovie Friends stamp set.  I don't have the supplies nor skills to color in these adorable critters, but I really wanted to use them.  So, I did the next best thing and watercolored them in a rainbow gradient.  I thought about how much Ellie probably would have loved getting this card when she was a bit older, and how I hope she would have my same affinity for rainbows.
How to create:
  1. Trim & fold A2 card from black cardstock, then set aside.
  2. Stamp & heat emboss the critters to a watercolor paper block.
  3. Tape the block to a hard surface, then wet the critters down with clean water.
  4. Paint the critters in a gradient rainbow using distress inks.
  5. Once dry, trim the top & bottom edges of the watercolor block & adhere to the black cardbase.
  6. Stamp & heat emboss the sentiment to black cardstock, then trim.
  7. Cut a banner edge to the left side, & adhere to the right corner of the card with foam dots.
  8. Accent with clear jewels to finish. 

For your shopping convenience, I have provided a link list with all of the newly released products on it.  I will only be linking Lil' Inker Designs product for today's post, but if you have questions about anything else that I used...please leave them in the comments & I will reply.

Lil' Inker Designs January 2016 Product Release



As is the case every month, this is a blog hop.  Here is today's order so you don't miss a thing!

LID Blog http://www.shoplilinker.blogspot.com/
Karen Baker http://thebalddragonfly.blogspot.com/
Heather Hoffman http://housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com
Lea Lawson http://www.lealawsoncreates.com/
Sarah Jay http://www.criminalgrace.com/
Chrissy Larson http://chrissycards.blogspot.com/
Amy Kolling http://stamp-n-paradise.blogspot.com/
Lisa Henke http://mylittlecreativeescape.blogspot.com/
Jennifer Carter http://jensinkspot.blogspot.com/
Maureen Merritt http://www.mamamostamps.com/
Link to Store http://lilinkerdesigns.com/


I will be back tomorrow for Day 2 of the release!

Until later,
~L.

34 comments

  1. I adore your watercolored cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are so pretty and look like they could be fast to make too. Beautiful! TFS and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this sentiment, "Friends are the sunshine of life." What a great way to view friendships! The people we share life, love, and laughter with as well as the hard times ARE indeed as essential and life-giving as the sun. They definitely brighten our lives & make each day a little bit better for having shared it with them. What a great card to celebrate the wonderful Gift of Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Great release! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SQUEAL!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the New Release and your Sweet Projects for today!! Such BEAUTIFUL Watercolored Designs!! I LOVE the Row of Images and the Rainbow Colors so SWEET!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS Release Week!! =)
    P.S I too have been away from blogging and crafting and was not aware of your Loss or what you had been going through!! As I read your post today I HAD to go through and read your older Blog Posts!! I'm sending HUGE HUGS, Thoughts and Prayers and just wanted you to know that even though I'm not going through the same thing, I found LOTS of PEACE in your posts!! I'm fighting a VERY RARE Cancer and although everyone is/has to be positive there are LOTS of days that it is REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD to do!! Beings I have two young boys it makes the process that much harder as I just struggle each day with the what ifs and what my FUTURE looks like!!?? (the unknown is the HARDEST thing about this process!!) Anyway, THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and I just wanted you to KNOW that you have BRIGHTENED my day and have given me LOTS of NEW things to keep in mind and to think about!! I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =) HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing water colored cards. LOVE them.
    I wanted to say I am sorry for your loss and am keeping you in my prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your use of watercolour and the second card with the embossed animals and rainbow look is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fabulous your
    cards are! I love the
    watercoloring you did,
    awesome ways to use it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea, such a delightful card, TFS.
    And also want you to know you are in my prayers and thoughts; you have been through such an awful time but it is also wonderful to see your faith shining through and sustaining you throughout the journey you have been on. I don't understand God's plan either sometimes but am quiet sure Ellie is safe, happy, and wants you to be happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are stunning cards. I LOVe the sunshine one and I REALLY love the rainbow watercolored animals. it is soooo, so cute! Glad you are back at it. Hugs, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great effect with the water color on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards of friendship and love! My heart and prayers are with you and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute and colorful--I like the watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cool way you watercolored these! Especially the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful watercoloring! These new products are great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This Lil' Inker release is so fun and I love your take on using some of it. The cutest way to color those animals.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors on both of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous creations! I really love how you incorporated water coloring onto your cards with the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Makes me REALLY want to learn to watercolor on cards. These are Really Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lea, it makes me so happy to see cards by you. I love them both, especially the rainbow colored critters.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW - your RAINBOW of little lovies is SO CUTE - LOVE IT!!!
    LOVE your SWEET & ELEGANT friend card too, the sentiment is lovely, your silly stitches so pretty and your watercolouring around the sentiment a DELIGHT with the splatters & sequins!!!
    I'm SO INSPIRED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love them so much and the rainbow painted on here is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So very pretty! I enjoy seeing the watercolor with these inspiring sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards! I love the watercolored look and the simplicity & elegance of your first card, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These cards are gorgeous!! I love the watercoloring, especially the rainbow! Great quote on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome cards! Love those sweet critters and your awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful pieces of art that deserve to be framed.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE the watercoloring!! Very inspirational! TFS this!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ok, the watercoloring is simply rediculously amazing ESPECIALLY on your lovie friends card. HOLY MOLY!!! It's perfection! WHat a fantastic way to show that this stamp set doesn't have to be colored to be used. Thank you!!!!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥