Lil' Inker Designs January 2016 - Day 3

January 29, 2016

Welcome to our final blog hop day for the Lil' Inker Designs first release of the year.  Today I focused on Valentine themed cards.

I was really looking forward to Valentine's day with Ellie.  {Who am I kidding...I was looking forward to everything with Ellie.}  I would have loved kissing her all over with bright red & pink lipstick, and taking the cutest photos of her.  I would have loved dressing her up in the softest, pink & red, covered in hearts outfits for the first 2 weeks of the month.  Friends...these firsts are just really hard.

If I could send both of these cards to Heaven...I would do it in a heartbeat.

The first one is a shaker card, and I used the previously released Diamond Lace cover up die to create the background.  Then I added the shaker feature to the top of that.
Card Challenges:



For my next card, I created the background using the previously released Stitched Woodgrain cover up die.  I stamped the lips directly to the background using last year's Smooches stamp set.  Then I embossed the sentiment, added the diecut pinwheel & accented with jewels.
Card Challenges:

For your shopping convenience, I have provided a link list with all of the newly released products on it.  I will only be linking Lil' Inker Designs product for today's post, but if you have questions about anything else that I used...please leave them in the comments & I will reply.



Lil' Inker Designs January 2016 Product Release



As is the case every month, this is a blog hop.  Here is today's order so you don't miss a thing!

LID Blog http://www.shoplilinker.blogspot.com/
Lea Lawson http://www.lealawsoncreates.com/
Lisa Henke http://mylittlecreativeescape.blogspot.com/
Maureen Merritt http://www.mamamostamps.com/
Jennifer Carter http://jensinkspot.blogspot.com/
Amy Kolling http://stamp-n-paradise.blogspot.com/
Karen Baker http://thebalddragonfly.blogspot.com/
Sarah Jay http://www.criminalgrace.com/
Heather Hoffman http://housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com
Chrissy Larson http://chrissycards.blogspot.com/
Link to Store http://lilinkerdesigns.com/

I hope you've enjoyed the past three days of showcasing the newly released product from Lil' Inker Designs.  You have until the 31st to leave a comment on all three of the blog hop days, which will make you eligible for winning 1 of 3 $15 gift certificates.  So don't forget to comment on each blog to increase your chances.

Until later,
~L.

37 comments

  1. Love the ombré look on the first card and the pinwheel is growing on me! It is too stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS cards Lea!!!
    WOW - LOVE your colour combo, LOVE the stitches, LOVE the sequins, LOVE the design of BOTH => THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Fantastic release! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations Lea!! Love that first one, but ohmygoodness!!! That second card knocked my socks off!!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! Both the ombre shaker and the red on kraft are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cards! Thank you for joining us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Loving the new and improved coffee set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet cards. Hope it helps you to heal by creating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute...love the sparkle on the first and the pin wheel on the last.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of your cards. We are all sending them to heaven for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lea, your cards over the past three days are stunning, but it's the essence that inspired them - your Ellie - that has touched and captivated my heart. You're giving voice to your loss and while that is incredibly, deeply difficult, this expression must be seen, written, read, heard. Your strength and courage are inspiring; your willingness, though, to acknowledge what you feel - both sadness and joy - is what counts. My tears and prayers are with you. Ellie is smiling down from Heaven; she loves you.
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol ~ As I struggled with how to say what I was feeling about Lea & Ellie, I stopped to read your beautifully stated comment. Perfection. It's as though you reached into my heart and soul and pulled the words straight out of me. I firmly believe you are right about Ellie; she is smiling down at her Mama and loving the beautiful cards Mama created with her in mind. My heart and prayers are with you, Lea.

      Delete
  12. Pretty new papers and I love that cover die turned shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both cards -- the shaker is so pretty and the pinwheel with smooches is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous cards!! I love the ombre background of your first card - so beautiful!!! The pinwheel on your second card is such a fun accent and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are so amazing! What a beautiful shaker card! Love the colours and those sparkly hearts! Gorgeous for Valentine's Day! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute and creative designs! I really love the pinwheel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really gorgeous cards, Lea! Beautiful ombre effect on the first one, and I love how you added the pinwheel on the 2nd card...WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow your cards are gorgeous! So glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are so much fun! I love how the sentiment on the second card matches up with the pinwheel!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are beautiful, and I appreciate you sharing your heartfelt thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards! That shaker card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cards are amazing! The shaker card is my favorite!!!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp!
    Hugs Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This entry has touched my heart in such a way. Your art is exquisite, the sweetest shaker card I've seen this week. Your entry has me singing this hymn. There is coming a day,
    When no heart aches shall come,
    No more clouds in the sky,
    No more tears to dim the eye,
    All is peace forever more,
    On that happy golden shore,
    What a day, glorious day that will be.

    What a day that will be,
    When my Jesus I shall see,
    And I look upon His face,
    The One who saved me by His grace;
    When He takes me by the hand,
    And leads me through the Promised Land,
    What a day, glorious day that will be.

    There'll be no sorrow there,
    No more burdens to bear,
    No more sickness, no pain,
    No more parting over there;
    And forever I will be,
    With the One who died for me,
    What a day, glorious day that will be.

    What a day that will be,
    When my Jesus I shall see,
    And I look upon His face,
    The One who saved me by His grace;
    When He takes me by the hand,
    And leads me through the Promised Land,
    What a day, glorious day that will be
    Thank you so much for sharing your heart in words and art. Blessings Carole Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lea, It's hard to adequately comment on your beautiful, deeply personal, and absolutely heartfelt posts without sounding superficial. I would never want to do that. I can say that I appreciate your honesty and your willingness to share your journey with your readers. It is a very unselfish act, to share your most personal, raw feelings in such an honest way. You are a strong, courageous woman and mother, and you are undoubtedly helping more women than you know with each honest post you share. Your two cards are both precious -- and show the love you put into each of them. I'm glad you joined us at CASology...no cards are better fit for the cue ADORE than these cards and the thought and care behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards. Love the shaker card the best!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are both gorgeous, Lea, but I especially love the second one with that adorable pinwheel. Thank you for sharing your heartbreaking journey with us. You are an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so neat!!!! Love the shaker card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two beautiful cards superbly CAS and beautifully crafted, sending lots of positive thoughts from across the miles.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous, beautiful cards, its the firsts that hurt the most sending hugs.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love Blowing You Kisses! Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The first card is my favorite!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. My mouth always hangs open a little when I come to your blog, Lea. I'm just in awe of how beautiful you seem to make the LID stamps and dies! Seriously, the cards in this post are amazing! I love that you used the pinwheel in its true fashion and combined with the smooches stamps it's perfection!!! Thank you so much, Lea. If I haven't already said so it's wonderful to have you with us again. It just wasn't the same without you!!!!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥