Color Combo Challenge #82

July 28, 2008

Janet asked me to be the guest designer for this week at the Color Combos Galore blog! I loved pulling out all of my papers that matched these colors and then picking and choosing what I wanted to use! I made it a challenge to myself to not use just one mfgr...and ended up using 2! Better than nothing, I guess! :)

This is the color combo I chose from the 4 that Janet gave me:

And this is the layout that I came up with! I can't believe that I used a colored background...so not normal for me. But, it really seemed to fit the layout this time around. (Click on the layout to see it better...much more detail that way!)
Supply List:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Paper: KI Memories & Hambly
Chipboard: American Crafts & Rusty Pickle
Rub-ons: American Crafts
Rhinestones: Doodlebug Designs & Westrim Crafts
Glitter: Doodlebug Designs
Scallop Scissors: Provo Craft
I am also glad I thought of these photos while deciding what I was going to scrap. We took this Disney World trip in October of 2006, when we still had our point and shoot digi camera. Well, right after we got back, Josh surprised me with my DSLR for Casey's last football game. I can admit that it is hard to go back and scrap the photos from my P&S camera, because it takes a bit of editing time to get them to look how I want. (I have been spoiled with my DSLR...editing is a cinch.) Well, this is layout #6 in the Disney album. I have a LONG way to go...but am now inspired to get going on them!
Do you want to know one of my quirks? I love cheeseball pop music, and one of my latest fave songs is by Jesse McCartney called "Leavin". I find myself putting it on repeat on my computer when listening to it. It has a catchy melody...I find myself dancing at my scrappy desk whenever it comes on. The only way I can think to let you hear it is to add the official video off of YouTube. I will warn you now that the video is a little suggestive and racy...so just be aware. Don't play it if you don't want to see that! Here it is:


Hope your Monday is going by with ease,
~Lea

13 comments

  1. Hey Lea!! I love that LO!!! So fun and magical!! I'm also a sucker for cheesy pop music too *blush* I love that song hahaha! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO, Lea! Great take on the challenge! Those pics are pretty awesome fora "point and shoot" digi, Lea!! lol! Don't kid yourself! ;)

    For some reason I can't get your LO to enlarge for me.. it's probably on my end though! lol!

    Have a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that lo Lea, great job with the color combos! You got some awesome shots of the castle :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome photos from your P&S, Lea...they truly are magical! I love the color combination, too...so yummy!!! ;-D

    Okay...I have to confess...I really enjoy listening to pop songs, too! Have your heard Jesse's song, "What's Your Name?" That's a good one, too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty layout, Lea ! Fab pics too !

    I didnt realise this song is by Jesse M - we hear it all the time on the radio ! love this song too !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome LO, Lea!! Love how you used the stars and butterflies together! Great job!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. `Fabulous` LO...`Fabulous` song Lea..:)
    Have a great Day:)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page, love the background color...it works so great with the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea,
    Congrats on being a finalist for the SOY-I will be in Provo next week so I will look for you-wish you the best!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this color combo, Lea
    I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty color combo, now you've got me all inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lea, this is just fabulous!!! the photos are just gorgeous and the way you added all the colors from the combo into your layout, I just love it! Thanks so much for designing this week for us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥