Happy belated 4th, and 2 Sketches 4 U Week 5

July 5, 2008

Did all my American readers have a great Independence Day yesterday? Ours was perfectly laid back! We had a BBQ at our house, and a bunch of my friends from work came over for it. We sat on our back deck, listened to music, ate too much food, relaxed in the sun and just had fun chatting and laughing! I didn't even break out my camera! It was a great day! Josh and I were exhausted from staying up too late the night before and getting up early that we were asleep by 10:30pm. We watched fireworks on Thursday night after the Osprey baseball game...so we didn't miss out on anything related to the 4th!

And now my house is already nice and clean from preparing for the BBQ...so I can just relax the rest of the weekend!

In keeping with the 4th of July theme, I did a patriotic themed card for this week's sketch at the 2 Sketches 4 U blog. Be sure to check out the blog if you haven't...the sketches are fun to use! Here is my card for the week!Well, I am going to run for now! Got a birthday party to go to this afternoon. Hope that everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

Happy 5th of July :),
~Lea

27 comments

  1. Lea,
    This is stunning!!! I love it all the buttons, stars, paper...everything!
    Thanks for playing!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card! I really love this themed card. And I am jealous at your perfect bow. Can you share your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea, you know I love everything you do! This is a very stunning card. I may have to lift it!! hugs, Cris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, you're so creative, i love this :D
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you did the double scallop on the edge ... fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THat is so pretty! Glad you enjoyed the holiday. We are going to the baseball game in GF against the Osprey tomorrow. Exciting! Our first game, so I won't say who I'll be cheering for. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card, Lea! Love that stripe-y paper! Sounds like a nice holiday...enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card as always Lea!!! I love the bow baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh lea, i love this, when are you going to stop on by the bitten by the bug site and do a challenge....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - I really love this card ! What a great job ! Very patriotic !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lea, your card is beautiful!! I hope that you are enjoying your long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Wow! I love your fourth of July card!! How did you get those nice scallops on the blue strip?? Someone told me there is a scissors like that, but I have not found any.

    I glanced at your other blog and see you are truly a talented young woman. I'm going to read your Disney scrapbook article. I have two huge Disney Cruise scrapbooks that I worked on for months.)

    What I've seen of your work is truly lovely.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Blessings,

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your take on the sketch and those colours are very patriotic - gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, love the papers that you have used and the little stars with their knots...hugs rach.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, oh my....this is just GRAND !!!! I love red, white and blue ANYTHING and this is one COOL card Lea....THANKS for always stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this card is stunning. Love the colors and all the stars and that bow is perfect!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! I love your work, so I awarded you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning, Lea! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card - Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card Lea & glad you enjoyed the festivities of the 4th.

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card! Love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lea!! Happy 7th of July!
    Oh girl your CARD! WOW! So beautiful. You're just full of talent!
    OHHHH and congrats are in order here for you! :)

    So happy for you girl...so happy!
    Hugs!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  23. I need a few cupcakes and sunshine today, so I came by to say hello. Love that 4th of July card! Congrats on the Chatterbox call backs! You are on fire, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card and those stars! Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥