Paper Crafts Gallery Idol & 2 Sketches 4 U Week 7

July 14, 2008

It looks like the kinks from last week are worked out, and this round of PC Gallery Idol is up for voting!! First things first, here is a LINK to my card for the week! If you want to vote for me, go to the link and then look under the image of the card where it says description. Right under that in pink there is a link that says "Click Here To Vote". It will pull up a separate window where you choose who you want to vote for, and hit a submit button. This is how they are tallying this week. Please note that the "Love It" button is not for votes. That is just a feature of the new website, and is on every item in the gallery. Be sure to check out all the other cards as well...lots of cards full of scallop goodness!

We also got permission to post our cards on our blogs so we can list supply information, etc. Here is my card! Supply Info: Bazzill cardstock,Sassafras Lass papers and stickers, Offray ribbon, October Afternoon rub-ons, Glitz Designs & Westrim rhinestones, Clearsnap ink, and an EK Success corner rounder.

I also got my card done for this week's sketch at the 2 Sketches 4 U blog! Such a fun little sketch this week...and I have wanted to use this sock monkey paper forever!! Finally broke it out and made a kiddie birthday card! Supply List: Bazzill cardstock, K & Company paper, Offray Ribbon, American Crafts rub-on, Making Memories letter stickers, Heidi Swapp chipboard heart, Glitz Designs & Westrim rhinestones, Clearsnap ink, and an EK Success corner rounder.

I have also had a couple of questions in my comments that I wanted to answer. First off, Ingrid asked me how I tie my bows. Hopefully I will be able to explain this easily. First off, I just tie the bow as I would tie my shoes. After that I put my fingers into the loops of the bow and tighten it. Then I pull on the ends to shorten the loops. I keep repeating this process until the bow is the size I want it, the shape I want, and the look I am going for. Then I cut the ends and attach it to my card! Pretty easy to do...not as easy to explain! I hope this makes at least some sense!

And then Mel Nunn asked me about what card sizes I use, and how to get them from 12x12 sheets of Bazzill cardstock. I make all different sizes of cards, but my main ones would be 5x7, 4.25x5.5, 6x6, and 4x4. This is the size of Bazill you would need to cut for all of those:

5x7 card= 7x10 strip of Bazzill
4.25x5.5 card= 5.5x8.5 stip of Bazzill
6x6 card= 6x12 strip of Bazzill
4x4 card= 4x8 strip of Bazzill

I am also going to give a little plug for the Scor-pal. This is one of the best cardmaking tools I own! It makes scoring and folding cards super quick, precise, and easy! Be sure to check it out!

Feel free to ask me questions if you have them! I love to give help and advice wherever I can...even if I am not an expert! Tee hee!

Until later,
~Lea

37 comments

  1. I totally dig that big ribbon and bow on the first one Lea!!!

    And the bling on the other...YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards, Lea! Something about monkeys always makes me smile :)

    Gonna go check out your idol card now!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Gorgeous cards....as always! Thanks for explaining how to tie the perfect bow. Good luck on the PC Gallery Idol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow fabulous cards! I absolutely adore the monkey paper :o) So cute!

    Thanks for visiting my blog
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an adorable card! the monkey is so cute and the ribbon and pp combo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cards! Good luck with the Idol contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards!! Bright and fun! That sock monkey pp rocks!! LOL!!!! Good luck in Idol, Lea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this is darling!!! I love how it is fun, funky & fresh:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! I've never even seen that paper before, its wayyyyyy cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW!! These cards are AWESOME!!!

    XxX Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are darling, Lea! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your PC card, the owls and bling!! You're sketch card is way fun.. the sock monkey's are too cute! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dad still calls me kiddo ... wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great information
    on how to cut cardstock!
    and bow instuctions?
    PERFECT!!!!!!

    ps: I voted !!!!!!!!! hee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cutest cards Lea! Love the blue trimmings on your owl card (have just voted for it on CK!) and the sock monkey paper is adorable - haven't seen that in Oz :(
    Also.. the Glitz products are new to me... wish we could get them here!
    Best of luck! Gx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards as always , Lea ! Love your new Glitz cards below too ! awesome !

    All the best for the Idol Contest !

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun card for the sketch - love the papers they are so cute and that fab ribbon bow
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, your 2s4u card is so bright and cheery, love it! Good Luck with Idol, your card is fabulous!!! lovin' those owls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous card. I love the paper!! The little monkeys are adorable!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that monkey paper is soooo cute great cards
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  21. 2 gorgeous cards:) I love them ! Ya gotta love those berry sweet papers :) My sock monkey paper is still sat there..being looked at every now and again..hehe!
    Thankx for visiting my blog :)
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards, Lea! Good luck in with the Gallery Idol challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhh glory! What beautiful, beautiful, beautiful work dear girl---love them both.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such adorable cards! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a fun card! I love it :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are both verry lovelly and the monkey card is so sweeeeet too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cards! I love the colors you use!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both those cards are so cute. I tried to go and vote for your card, but I'm too late. Bummer! Congrats on the Fab 5.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both ards are fabulous Lea:)x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable card, love the monkey pp.
    You did fabuloous cards!!!

    Congrats on FAB 5

    Sonia (Sony)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous cards!! Love the owl and bright colors of the first one! Congrats on your Fab 5 card for Laura's sketch! It's an awesome card, love your custom made greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OK, could these cards be anymore fabulous??? Your PC card is to die for. LOVE the colors and all of the details. Love the Fab 5 card, too. That sock monkey is the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥