Aqua, and Pink, and Green....

December 2, 2009

...oh my!  **Sigh**  I love this color combo!  Come check out my Christmas tree if you don't believe me...tee hee!  This is the color combo for the Micro Challenge at Caardvarks, so I absolutely had to play along!  Here is my card:


"I *heart* U Mom" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Basic Grey
Paper Frill: Doodlebug Designs
Rub-ons: American Crafts & Basic Grey
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs & Kaiser Crafts
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design (Tropic Satin Dot)
Ink: Clearsnap (Chalk- Azurite)
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Accent Essentials by Provo Craft (circles)

Card Instructions: Round the right hand corners of your white card base.  Round the right hand corners and ink the edges of a patterned paper block.  Adhere to the front of the card.  Cut six circles from cardstock at 3/4" using the Cricut Expression and Accent Essentials cartridge.  Adhere the circles to a strip of white cardstock.  Tie ribbon around the left side and accent with jewels.  Add pink paper frill to the top and adhere the entire strip to the front of the card.  Add your sentiment with rub-ons, and accent with small pink jewels.

I also started this card for the challenge, and realized that it didn't have any green in it.  So- it became my 10 minute card of the day to share with you.  Super quick and easy....and pretty cute! (Well, I think so anyways!)

"Some Bunny Loves You" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Sticker/Chipboard: We R Memory Keepers
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Pen: American Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Folder: Love Language by Provo Craft

Card Instructions: Emboss a white card using the Cuttlebug and Love Language embossing folder, and then round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a block of non-textured white cardstock and adhere to the front.  Pen the line around the block of cardstock and accent the bottom with three jewels.  Adhere the chipboard bunny to the front, and then adhere the sentiment block with foam adhesive.

So, when we lived in a tiny little apartment forever ago in Salt Lake City...I found out that I don't like to burn candles.  Not even soy based ones.  NO- I didn't burn anything down.  But, upon moving out...I found that candles make your walls VERY dirty.  Thankfully...the rental company had plans to repaint, so we didn't have to pay for how dirty the walls were.  When we moved to our next little tiny apartment in Missoula...I lit candles underneath the kitchen venting.  That worked like a charm, and our apartment was tiny enough that it made the entire place smell good.  It also kept our walls nice and clean.  When we bought our home, I knew that this concept wasn't going to work any longer.  Not long after we moved in, we found these at B&BW, and have been using them ever since:

My favorite oil scents right now are the Spiced Cider, Frosted Cranberry, and Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin.  YUM!  And they make my entire house smell like that, while burning a tiny little tea light!  No dirty walls from a tea light!  During the rest of the year, I use scents like Pineapple Orchid, Apple, and Fresh Linen.  I love these things!  So, the reason I bring them up, is because I am wondering if anyone has tried this thing out yet:


It is called a Scentbug, and works with the same oils and a fan.  No candle at all!  So, if you have any experience with one...let me know! I would love to hear how they work.  Now...I am totally not a candle Nazi.  We do light candles occasionally...but I like my house to smell good all the time, so I use the oils a lot.  And so far....my walls are super clean!  I know...it is a weird obsession.  I can deal.  ♥

Well, I better get going for now.  I hope the rest of your Wednesday is a great one!

Until later,
~Lea

13 comments

  1. Lea, I love your cards........as always! You won my blog candy too! E-mail me.....so I can send it to you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your beautiful cards Lea,....
    hmmm love the smell of cinnamen TFS
    Have a fab Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love that first card, it is gorgeous! Thanks for checking out my blog and taking the time to comment, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! LOVE your Caardvarks card, and your bunny card is tooooo cute, love the swiss dot embossing.
    {P.S. I did almost burn down my college apartment with a candle, and still can't stand the smell of vanilla!!}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors on your "mom" card! And I just adore that darling little bunny!!! I love it that your posting your card making instructions. Thank you!

    I've not heard of or seen the Scentbug but it really looks cute! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous cards! Love your basic Grey one! The gems are a perfect finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you found the PERFECT paper to go with this challenge! Lucky you!
    GORGEOUS design...LOVE all those colours in that great bling too :)
    And such a CUTE 10 minute card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lea,
    It's Heidi Sonboul from GCD Studios :) can you please email me at hsonboul@gcdstudios.com ?
    I have a question for you :)
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That bunny card is SOOOO cute! I haven't tried the Scentbug but I'm intrigued by the notion of it. I have a little hot plate that I put my candles on - melts them with no open flame.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards! The Mom card is lovely and the bunny card is adorable!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bunny card is soo cute and that paisley one is awesome. Love that paper and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the colors on your mom card! Gorgeous! And that bunny card is simply so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum, yum, yum!!! You definitely rocked those colors and that bunny is soooo cute!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥