A little bit of Heaven in your cup.....

December 15, 2009

I'll get to my title later on.  First I have some cards to share with you!!  I have been starting most of my post's with Chrismas cards these days...so today I am going with a non-Christmas card!  No worries...there are two that are Christmas themed.  And considering it is rainbow themed.....so love it!!  It is based on this week's sketch at Get Sketchy, GS#18.  Such a fun sketch to play with...be sure to check it out!!

"Sky's The Limit" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (white) & Doodlebug Designs (glittered)
Paper: Doodlebug Designs & Sassafras
Paper Frill/Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design (White Wide Grosgrain)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Sky's The Limit set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment-Black) & Tsukineko (StazOn-Jet Black)
Border Punch: Fiskars (Apron Lace)
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Card Instructions: Cover the front of a white cardbase with red dotted paper and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a block of white cardstock and adhere to the middle.  Punch an apron lace border to a strip of yellow dotted paper and adhere to the front.  Cut three rings from glittered cardstock and arrange in the shape of a rainbow to the front.  Adhere a strip of white grosgrain ribbon to the top of the yellow paper and top with a thin strip of red dotted paper.  Stamp the cloud on white glittered cardstock and cut out.  Adhere with foam adhesive to the right side of the rainbow.  Add a bow to the right hand side of the cloud.  Stamp the sentiment below the ribbon using black pigment ink.  Add green paper frill and a thin strip of yellow dotted paper to the top of the card.  Accent the middle of the rainbow with jewels.  

Up next is my card based on Laura's Sketch 41 at the 2 Sketches 4 U blog.  I LOVE this sketch....I had an idea right away for it.  This is what I came up with!

"Christmas Wishes" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Rub-on: American Crafts
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (Season's Best)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: Cranberry & Evergreen)
Pearls/Jewels: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Border: Winter by Provo Craft

Card Instructions: Fold kraft cardstock in half to make your cardbase and round the right hand corners.  Add a thin strip of striped paper to the left side.  Using the Cuttlebug and Winter folder, emboss a border right next to the striped paper.  Add the rub-on sentiment to the lower right corner of the card.  Stamp the ornaments in cranberry and evergreen pigment ink above the sentiment.  Accent the card with jewels and pearls.

And last, but definitely not least, is my card for CPS 146 this week!  Fun sketch this week...be sure to come and play along if you have the chance!!

"Makin' His List" supplies:
Cardstock: The Paper Co. & DCVW
Paper/Diecuts: K & Company
Stickers: KI Memories
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design (Sherry Satin Dot)
Twine: Darice Inc.
Buttons: SEI & Basic Grey
Glitter: Making Memories
Ink: Clearsnap
Decorative Scissors: Provo Craft
Trim/pins: craft supply

Card Instructions:  Cover the front of a white cardbase with pink and striped patterned papers.  Add a block of pink cardstock and a scallop strip to the left hand side.  Add the pink circle trim to the top and bottom of the card.  Cover the top of the house with glitter, and adhere the tag to the front using ribbon and top with a bow.  Accent the bow with buttons, twine, and pins.  Add the stickers to the middle of the tag, and accent the left side with diecut peppermints and jewels.

Alright....so do you want to have a little bit of Heaven in your cup?  Well then, I suggest you find this and get some:

Oh my gosh....it is SO good.  I am almost out of it, so I am going to have to find it as well.  Josh's parents sent us this last Christmas, and I never made any until this year.  So, here is the trick.  Get the cocoa all stirred together when the water is piping hot.  But then let it sit for a few minutes.  This makes the candy cane pieces melt completely.  Then stir it again, and enjoy.  It is so yummy...and letting the candy cane chunks melt make it even more pepperminty!! ♥ it!!

So, I am going to leave you with this video today.  It is SO hilarious!  Love that Taylor Lautner can make fun of the Twilight Saga, and still enjoy being part of it.

Freaking funny, huh?  Well, I better get going for now!  I hope that you have a fantastic Tuesday!!  ♥

Until later,
~Lea

PS: I know you are probably sick of me talking about my new turquoise washer and dryer!  But I have one more thing to say about it.  I put the washer to the test this week...and washed my two white coats: a North Face fleece and down jacket.  I think they are now whiter than when I purchased them.  Love this set!  I totally recommend Electrolux if you are in need of a new set!!  Okay- bye now!

23 comments

  1. absolutely swoooooning over here lea! you had me at rainbow! where o where to find that hot chocolate now....sigh, i'm on a mission. love to YOU!

    danni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creations, every one of them. LOVING the rainbow and YUM on the hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely awesome! Love all these cards girl! Thanks for playing with us at 2 Sketches 4 You! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness...I absolutely adore your cards...your Get Sketchy cards is over the top magnificent!

    Thanks for joining us over at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work!! Your cards are so festive:) Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea, I LOVE your style! I'm such a fan! Thanks for playing with 2S4Y!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness such fabulous creations! Thanks for playing at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards! (great video - I saw that the other day - very funny!)

    PS Glad you are loving the w&d

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are fab as always!!! Love the rainbow card!!!! So glad you got your things....hopefully all in one piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so fun and bright and colourful, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lea, your rainbow cards are always SO adorable!!! And this one is no exception. It makes me smile! :o) And your Christmas cards are amazing! It looks great on kraft paper and the gingerbread house card is darling! Such cute trims! Ummm..! The hot cocoa looks delish!! Thanks for sharing!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards and love the GS one!
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yor creations are really pretty!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful..!!!!! Love the colors and everything!!! You are awesome..!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just loving these creations ... all so cheerful. Enjoy that new washer set of your.s
    Also wishing you and your loved ones a blessed festive season.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, these are beautiful. Im in awe...
    Thanks for playing with us at GETSKETCHY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all amazing Lea!! The washer set sounds so nice & that video was hilarious, thanks for posting it. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hehe i love this post :P the cards are faaaantastic! the first one is so bright and fun! and the others are both adorable. hehe love your enthusiasm for your washer/dryer- if I had a turquoise set I totally would be too ;) and TFS the Taylor video- I missed his hosting and that skit is toooo funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lea, your cards are rocking my world... the white the bright colors! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes! You're still so wonderfully amazing at making thee best cards around! I still heart you. :)
    You make me want to scrapbook! HaHa

    ReplyDelete
  21. I finally got to come back and watch that video - really so funny. I love when Taylor says he should get an Oscar.

    Love your cards as always!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stuning!!! Your design and colours are stunning, such a sweet imate and wonderful details.

    Thanks so much for joining us to the Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    xxHeatherxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥