Baby, it's cold outside....

December 4, 2009

...it is FREEZING in Montana right now!  So cold...so cold.  I have been holed up most of the day in my house decorating, crafting, drinking hot tea....doing everything possible to avoid going outside.  I did have run a couple errands...but I did them as fast as I could and got right home.  And I am going to sit out in this for three hours on Saturday to watch a football game?!!  I think I might be a little crazy....

Anways, I have a few fruits of my labor to share with you tonight.  (This morning I guess...it is after midnight.) There is a little white on white Christmas challenge going on over at Daring Cardmakers...so I figured I needed to play along.  Considering I love a little white on white action myself...um wow.  That totally doesn't sound right...bare with me, apparently I am a little punchy tonight.  So, here is what I came up with:

"Happy Winter" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (white), Doodlebug Designs (glittered), & Papertrey Ink (pink)
Jewels/Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Ribbon: Bo Bunny
Stamps: Sweet N Sassy
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment- Dusty Plum, Chalk-Ice Jade)
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut/Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Folder: Snowflakes by Provo Craft
Diecut plate: Combo Treetops by Provo Craft

Card Instructions:  Punch a border around the front part of the white card base, and cover the inside with pink cardstock.  Round the corners of a block of white cardstock and emboss with the Cuttlebug and Snowflakes folder.  Adhere to the front.  Round the bottom corners of a non-textured block of cardstock and adhere it to the front.  Cut two skinny trees from glittered cardstock using the Cuttlebug and Treetops diecut plate.  Adhere them to the smaller block of cardstock.  Cut a thicker tree from glittered cardstock and adhere to the front with foam adhesive.  Accent the trees with jewels, pearls, and ribbons.  Stamp the sentiment right below the trees using Ice Jade chalk ink and Dusty Plum pigment ink.  

The other projects I worked on today were some handmade Christmas ornaments for my tree.  Lots of Renaissance by Design ribbon here, jewels, pearls, buttons....I had a lot of fun with my glue gun and tacky tape!!  Here they are:




I think they are going to look pretty fabulous on my tree...which I am going to go do once I am done with this post!!  My tree is already so full of ornaments...but 8 more can't hurt. :)  I think similar items are also going to become Christmas gifts for Josh's colleagues, etc.  Hmmmm.....

For my random thing of the night...I seem to be on a scent kick the past couple days.  So, I figured I would let you know what I am loving right now for myself:

And I don't love it because it has the word Twilight in it...that is just plain silly.  The fragrance actually smells WONDERFUL...and I like how it makes me feel.  I feel pretty when I wear it, because I can subtly smell it almost all day.  I have a thing about liking to smell good...it is probably part of my obsession with my house smelling nice as well....so I am always on the lookout for that next great scent.  And I found it for now!  Yay!

Well, I better get going for now.  It is late...and I think I am blathering on.  So, I hope your Thursday was great, and your Friday even better!♥

Until later,
~Lea

19 comments

  1. that card is so, so gorgeous Lea and the baubles are just to die for! thanks for joining in with DCM this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been busy. Love the card and thanks for the instructions have a go at that one, the baubles are slso wonderful too, how clever you are.

    Wish we had Bath and Bodyworks here in the UK, whenever we have been to the USA I always bring some home. We had them here in the UK for a while but then they pulled out.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Big Hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Card is just gorgeous and the colors are so understated and pretty.

    Love the ornaments too, looks like they were professionally done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Your card is adorable and I LOVE the ornaments. I have a ton of those plain ornaments on my downstairs tree and it never occurred to me to add some bling to them. Until now! :o) I just may have to try it tonight. Thanks so much for the inspiration! Oh and PS - you should think about making more and selling them. They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so pretty, and those ornaments - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, I never knew effervesence stamp had a corner punch to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the trees on the card and those ornaments are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those ornaments are so fabulous!!! They make me want to run to the store right now and get some to alter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Card is ADORABLE! And the ornaments are suuuuper cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Lea! Love the ornaments too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lea, this is a gorgeous card! It's fresh and frilly and I love the pops of color!! Wow, I love it!

    Your ornaments are adorable! And they are in one of your favorite color combos! I know you must have the prettiest tree in your neighborhood!!! Stay warm!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the elegant simplicity of this card and the punched border just takes it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous ornaments Lea!
    Your card is wonderful with the fab edging and those beautiful bling-y trees!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is so beautiful, and the decorations...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The white on white is just beautiful, as are your ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what beautiful ornaments, Lea! I love the combination of vintage charm with a touch of bling on them. And what a sweet card. I, too, am loving the combinations of whites lately. As a matter of fact, I just bought myself a whitish comforter for my bed that I want to pile up with white and cream pillows and throws. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowee, is that whit card ever gorgeous!! I love those tiny bits of frosty color you added!

    Super love those ornaments too! Stunning!

    (-:Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - I just found your blog by accident and am lovin' it. I'm also from Montana (around Jordan) and wanted to say hi to another Montanan and paper crafter. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card and ornaments... make me want to get my tree out. :o) TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥