It's been a week?

December 23, 2009

Wow...time just seems to fly when you are super busy!!  Sorry I haven't posted in forever....but like I said, life has been busy!!  I have multiple items to share with you today, which should last me until next week, right?  Because I most likely won't have time to post again until after the holidays, and we get back to our normal life (whatever that might be, right?). 

First up is my card for CPS 147 this week.  LOVE this sketch...love that it made me use this fabulous card cut from the Wild Cards cartridge for the Cricut. 

"Winter Wonderland" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Diecuts: My Mind's Eye
Button: Doodlebug Designs
Acrylic: Tattered Angels
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Twine: Darice Inc.
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Wild Cards by Provo Craft

Card Instructions:  Cut the scalloped cardbase and the inside from blue cardstock and striped paper at 5 3/4" using the Cricut Expression and Wild Cards cartridge.  Layer them together.  Cut a 5" circle from patterned paper and adhere to the front.  Add a strip of paper and ribbon to the front.  Layer a bow, button and twine on top of a acrylic snowflake accent and adhere to the front.  Add the sentiment diecut to the front, and accent with adhesive pearls.

Up next is a love themed card that I did for the last TCP Tuesday challenge.  You can check it out here...there is a great sketch to play along with!  And I have had these cute TCP stamps for awhile now, and decided it was time to break them out again! 

"I Ruff You" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: American Crafts
Paper Frill: Doodlebug Designs
Jewels: Zva Creative & Kaiser Craft
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design (Sherry Satin Dot)
Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas (Puppy Love Set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: Brown, Magenta and Chalk: Chestnut Roan)
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Fiskars (Apron Lace)
Circle Cutter: Creative Memories

Card Instructions: Round the corners and ink the edges of a block of heart paper using chestnut roan chalk ink.  Adhere to the middle of the card.  Round the right hand corners and ink the edges of a strip of love patterned paper.  Add red paper frill to the left side, and adhere to the card.  Punch an apron lace edge to striped paper and adhere to a strip of dotted paper.  Ink the edges and adhere to the front.  Cut a circle from cream cardstock and stamp the dog and sentiment to it using pigment ink.  Adhere to the front of the card, and accent with a square of heart paper.  Add ribbon and jewel flourishes to the bottom of the sentiment, and accent the circle with a brown jewel frame. 

I made these next few items for a gift exchange that I went to.  My great aunt Judy had a tea party at her house, and I was able to attend.  My grandma was also there, as was my aunt Shelly....and my aunt ended up with my gift!  That was pretty cool!  Anyways...I made a card set and ornament set for it, and here they are.

Ornament supplies:
Ribbon: Michael's & Renaissance By Design
Chipboard: My Mind's Eye
Jewels: Me & My Big Ideas, Doodlebug Designs
Ornaments: craft supply

And I also included this card set:


Card Set Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Making Memories
Paper Frill: Doodlebug Designs
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (Season's Best)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: cranberry & evergreen)
Jewels/Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Ribbon: Renaissance By Designs (Hunter Green 1/4" Grosgrain)
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Fiskars (Apron Lace)
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Border: With Love set by Provo Craft

So, I spent last Thursday to Sunday at my parents' house in Sheridan.  The main purpose was for this:

The sports banquet was on Thursday night, and Case pretty much cleaned up on awards.  He got the two big awards that stay in the school with his named engraved on them forever, and those are Player Of The Year, and the Justin Ebel Leading Tackler award.  He received 4 team awards which go home with him, and those were: Back Of The Year, Panther Football Award, Defensive MVP, and Big Play Award.  He was also named 1st Team All-Conference for 4 positions: quarterback, Defensive Back, Punter, and kicker.  He is an All-State selection.  He will be playing in the Treasure State game this coming June, where the select seniors from Class C east/south play the west/north .  AND....he made Academic All-State!!!!!  I think we were all SO excited about that one.  In order to be nominated for it, you have to have a 3.5 gpa in the quarter you played most of your games in, and you have to be getting a Varsity letter.  Well....Case has gotten a varsity letter in every sport since he was a freshman....and I think this is the first time he has ever received this award.  Needless to say...we are SO proud of this kid and all his achievements in football.  I can't wait to see what unfolds for him in these coming months....many coaches from the smaller colleges have come to his school to sit down with him and let him know what they can offer him scholarship wise.  So, that is pretty amazing!

And last but not least...here are the two groups from his team.  First photo is All-State selections, and the second photo is All-Conference selections.  Pretty proud of these boys!


  And the sweetest thing in the world....they gave me and Josh a card and gift certificate for dinner at Outback Steakhouse...all because I photographed and gave them football photos.  I love these boys, and would have done it anyways....so getting the card and seeing all their signatures on it brought some tears to my eyes.  I'll treasure that card forever...

Well, I better get going for now.  I have some wrapping and baking to finish, and some baskets to put together.  I hope that you and yours have a wonderful Christmas day....full of love, family, friends, and fun.  ♥

Until later,
~Lea 


9 comments

  1. Lea, I adore your style. Your cards always pop out to me! Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I LOVE everything, especially the card set - well your brother is pretty cute too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Lea! These are ALL absolute perfection!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE !!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family! Wishing you the most wonderful holiday filled with joy!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, your blog is absolutely beautiful and your brightness and cheeriness has made this one of my favorite places to visit. I only have one question: how do you make those beautiful bows?! I've seen them in so many places and yearn to make them, but I have yet to see a tutorial how. :(
    Anyways, just wanted to drop by and say how much I liked your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creations are gorgeous. Love the Xmas decorations. Wishing you a wonderful and happy 2010.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are FABULOUS! You have such an eye for great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cute design for your CPS card is so cool! A neat little cut above the normal circle shape. Oh how I love the colors of The Cat's Pajamas card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I just wanted to drop by and tell you that your project has been featured on Fantabulous Cricut's Fantabulous Friday segment! Congrats on a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥