I gotta feeling....

December 14, 2009

....that tonight's gonna be a good night!!!  Anyways, more about that later.  Let me just say that I have a silly little tutorial at the end of this that has nothing to do with crafting, but it is fun!!  Be sure and check it out!

But first, some card business!  :)  I have two cards to share with you today!  They are both based on the past couple of sketches at the Clean & Simple Stamping blog.  First up is my card for last week's sketch FTL71.
"Merry Christmas" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: American Crafts
Paper Frill/Button: Doodlebug Designs
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (Season's Best)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: silver & cranberry)
Ribbon: Renaissance By Designs (Sherry Satin Dot)
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Card Instructions: Fold silver dotted paper in half to make your card and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a block of white cardstock and adhere to the front.  Adhere green paper frill to the bottom of a strip of striped paper, and adhere to the top of the card.  Stamp the swirl and sentiment in silver pigment ink, and the ornament in scarlet pigment ink directly to the front of the card.  Add the ribbon to the top of the card, and accent with a bow, button, and twine.  Accent the stamping with green adhesive pearls to finish it. 

And this next card uses this week's sketch at the Clean & Simple blog, FTL72.  And I told you I would be using this stamp set again by RBD very soon!  It is such a fabulous set....so many option in one little stamp set!  Totally digging it! 
 "Merry Christmas" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: American Crafts
Stamps: Renaissance By Design (Season's Best)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: Raw Silk & Moss Green)
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design (Sherry Satin Dot)
Pins: Making Memories
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Folder: Swiss Dots by Provo Craft

Card Instructions: Emboss a 5x7 white card front using the Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots folder.  Round the corners of a block of white cardstock and adhere to the front.  Punch a border to two of the three strips of patterned paper.  Layer all three strips to the front, with the borders being on the top and bottom strips.  Stamp the sentiment to the bottom of the white cardstock using Raw Silk pigment ink.  Stamp the tree on a separate piece of white cardstock using Raw Silk & Green Moss pigment ink, and cut out.  Adhere the tree to the front using foam adhesive and accent with adhesive pearls.  Add the ribbon to the front of the card, and accent with a bow and star pins. 

Now onto life stuff. ♥  We had an AMAZING time at the Griz game on Saturday.  It was cold, windy at times, started snowing tiny little ice razors....but it was freaking awesome!!  Can I just say something that I was so thankful for??  That I didn't bring a camera.  I know...that sounds awful coming from a photographer, but there were too many elements for me to deal with.  A camera would have made me miserable.  And without it, I got to be a crazy fan that just had a good time!  Sometimes that is how I need to approach life...not always looking at it from behind the camera.  Anyways...it is too hard to describe the atmosphere at the stadium, so I have a little tutorial for you. ;)  First off, start this song up:
During the first part....just jam a little.  Sing along if you know the words, have some fun, but keep it a little low key.  Remember....its a longer song, and you need to keep your energy.

Okay- are you getting ready to ramp it up a little?  First you need to remember that you have about 1.5 square feet to your name in the stadium.  The people around you probably wouldn't take to kindly to you totally invading there space, so just remember that.  A little invading is okay...we all do it.

Okay- are you ready?  When the song kicks it in gear and changes to a higher tempo, and they start saying "Tonight's the night....let's live it up....."  GO CRAZY!!  Jump up and down, party like its 1999, sing at the top of your lungs, raise the roof, do whatever comes to mind....but remember, once again, that you have about 1.5 sq. ft.  And don't CARE about the fact that you could be on ESPN doing this madness...college football fans totally understand!  Now....imagine that about 24,000 people all around you are doing the same exact thing that you are doing.  Now times that by about 30 because unless you were there, there is no way you can fully imagine right now how it felt.  It was honestly....awesome.  Loud, fun, cold, LOUD, and the Griz won. Can't get any better than that.  They are headed to Chatty this week to play in the National Championship against Villanova.  One day I am going to make it to that game.  You can bet if Casey makes the team and we head to the championship while he is a player....I WILL NOT miss it.  I'll walk if I have to.  Tee hee! :)    

If you want to REALLY feel the experience....go dress up in about 5 layers and have someone dump a little bit of snow on you while doing it.  Is that taking it too far? :)  I jacked this photo from someone's Facebook page....and circled myself.  Looks pretty cold, huh?
Well, I really hope that you enjoyed my fun, and pretty silly post today.  I really do urge you to do it....if anything it is at least FUN!!  But, I dance around my house all the time, singing at the top of my lungs and jumping around.  So, maybe it is just a Lea thing.  Have a great Monday all! ♥

Until later,
~Lea

13 comments

  1. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous creations!!! Like your tutorial too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of tutorials :) You're bows are so pretty! Would love to see a tutorial on how you tie them. Mine always come out looking flat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Lea! I'm just getting ready to dance around my house now!!LOL You're too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally freeze into a piece of ice and die out there... promise. That's what happens when you grow up in the south! Love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. `Gorgeous` cards Lea...
    Gotta love that song!!!TFS
    Have a fab week:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards and your photography! Thank you for your comment on my blog - it led me here - a new blog for me to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sweetie! Great cards! I have been following every post but haven't had time to comment. They are amazing as usual! I sooo love your cards. Give me great inspiration! Have a fabulous day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous stuff Lea....I just love your work girl....I need you over at the cutting cafe...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I have no idea what all the talk is about a card? But how 'bout those Grizzlies!!! I saw you on ESPN! You are nation wide. I'm hoping that Friday is "gonna be a good good night."

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous, Lea! Sounds like an amazing game even if it was freezing cold! YEA Griz!!!! BTW, love that song. It always makes me wanna dance!
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both terrific Christmas cards using the FTL sketches. I like your use of the pearls on each card.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥