Rainbows & egg nests....

June 4, 2010

...can't get any cuter than that!!  So- happy Friday everyone!  I can't believe it has almost been a week since I posted last!  It has been a super busy week!  Let me give you a little recap.  Last Friday-Saturday we were in Great Falls at Casey's state track meet.  It was cold and super rainy...and just pretty darn miserable.  Casey took 6th place in the 300m hurdles, but struggled in the rest of his events.  It was really cold, and he definitely couldn't keep his muscles warm.  After the track meet on Saturday, we drove to Sheridan.  A bunch of family was already there for Casey's graduation the next afternoon...so we chatted and had a great time.  Casey graduated on Sunday afternoon!!!  So proud of him!!  Came home on Monday afternoon, and had a photo shoot that night.  Tuesday I uploaded and started editing graduation photos, and did some Glitz cards that were needed.  Wednesday I got the house ready for two girls that were going to be staying with us that night.  They are here to serve as missions/interns to a church in Hungry Horse, but needed a place to stay for the evening.  Yesterday I finished editing graduation photos and made the bazillion DVD's....with card making in there also!  And today we leave for Sheridan/Butte to attend the Class C All-Star banquet tonight, and the football game tomorrow.  So- my days have been packed lately!

But, I do have a couple cards to share with you today! First up is my card for CPS 169 this week.  It was a pretty fun sketch this week...I loved the rainbow top!  My rainbow actually comes from the banner cut in the Stand and Salute Cricut cartridge....who would have thought, huh?  Love that!
"Dance, Sing, Dream" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Stickers: Sassafras
Stamps: Renaissance by Design (Strictly Sentiments set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: black, pink, turquoise, violet)
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Stand and Salute by Provo Craft
Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a striped paper block, and adhere to the front.  Stamp the sentiment to a white cardstock block, and round the bottom corners.  Adhere the block to the front of the card.  Add a banner sticker to the top of the white cardstock block, and accent with pearls.  Cut the rainbow (banner) from glittered cardstocks using the Cricut Expression & Stand and Salute cartridge.  Take out the needed pieces, and adhere to the top of the card in a rainbow shape.  Accent the rainbow with jewels and glittered star cuts (leftover from the banner cuts).  Accent the lower right corner of the white cardstock with stars and pearls.  

And this next card I did just because I love this cute bird nest cut so much!  I have used it before...and I am sure it won't be the last time I use it again.  Tee hee! 
"New Arrival" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: K & Company
Stickers: Basic Grey
Jewels: Kaiser Craft
Glitter: DecoArt & Ranger Stickles
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridges:  Straight from the Nest, Give A Hoot, George & Basic Shapes by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of an aqua heart paper block, and adhere to the middle.  Cut the tree limb at 3 1/4" using the Cricut Expression and Straight from the Nest Cartridge.  Cut off the leaves, and adhere to the front of the card.  Cut the nests and layers at 2 1/2" using the Give A Hoot cartridge.  Layer them together, giving it some dimension.  Glitter the pink egg, and adhere with dimensional adhesive.  Adhere the entire cut to the front of the card and accent with jewels.  Cut the hearts in multiple sizes using the George & Basic Shapes cartridge.  Adhere them to the tree limb as the leaves, and accent with jewels.  Add the sentiment to the top using letter stickers, and accent with tiny punched hearts.  Glitter the punched hearts with Stickles. 

Here are some favorites shots from Casey's graduation day!  (Be aware...there are a lot of them!) Tee hee!
(This is a little interjection...of course, I took this photo of my beautiful rose from Casey after the ceremony.) 
Well all...I need to get going for now!!  I hope that you have had a wonderful week, and have an even better weekend ahead of you!  I will be watching the boy play some football on Saturday....so super excited about that!  I don't have access to the field, but I still plan on taking photos.  They might just be further away than I am used to!  So- I will probably be sharing some more photos later next week!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea

6 comments

  1. Always love seeing photos - let's you know people a bit better :D Lots of wonderful ones here. Nice to know someone else has curly hair like mine too :D Fabulous family shot at the end and I love the one of the photographer taking the photo :D. Enjoy your busy weekend - I can relate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pix of casey are great! loved seeing him throw the money up in the air... so fun :D

    i've been waiting for you to post about the CPS card... i LOVE the Sassafras nerdy bird papers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, he graduated. HUGE CONGRATS to Casey & to ALL of your family. all choked up here for you. football saturday? pics are mandatory my friend, so excited for him & for all of you! LOVE to you!!!

    danni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Gorgeous photo`s Lea...
    `Congrats `to CASEY :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lea, these photos put a smile on my face. The ones with the "money fan", the toss and then the big scramble made me chuckle!!! LOL! I love it! What a special and memorable weekend for your entire family!!

    Girlfriend, your cards are marvelous. The rainbow card is the striking and pure amazing!! Also, the little bird nest couldn't be cuter. Of course, I was completely drawn to those precious blue robin eggs! :) Enjoy your weekend!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are great Lea!! Love seeing some of you in there! :) Congrats to your bro! Wish I had that cash! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥