Sweetness...

June 29, 2010

Happy Tuesday everyone!!  I hope that your week has been a good one so far!  I am officially finished editing wedding photos, and am now just waiting for the couple to let me know they are back from their honeymoon.  I don't want to post anything online until I know they are able to see them as well...but I have my favorites all ready to blog, and add to my photography page on Facebook.  I am so happy with how the images turned out!

Before I get to some cards, I wanted to let you know that I have posted some peeks of the two latest Glitz Designs collections which will be releasing at CHA this summer.  Check them out in THIS POST on the blog.  I am honestly swooning over these two collections...they are AMAZING! 

Now, I have a few cards to share with you today!  First up is my card for sketch 173 at CPS this week.  It is such a great sketch, with so many different possibilities.  I decided to go all sweet and cute with this one...{sigh}.  I still love using these Doodlebug stickers.
"Thanks for your Sweetness" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stickers: Doodlebug Designs (glittered shapes) & Making Memories (alphas)
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing Folder: Swiss Dots by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Emboss the front of the card using a Cuttlebug machine and Swiss Dots embossing folder.  Round the bottom right corner of a white cardstock block, and adhere to the right side of the card.  Add three scallop circle glitter stickers to the left side of the card.  Adhere the scalloped edge sticker to the left side of the cardstock block, and adhere the gumball machine using dimensional adhesive.  Accent the gumball machine with pink jewels, and a heart sticker.  Add the sentiment below the gumball machine, and accent the top with a row of hearts.  

This next card is based on Etsy Inspired Challenge #94.  This week's featured Etsy store is Sand Box Studio, and I was inspired by this adorable tote bag in her shop.  I loved the whimsical feel of it, and the flowers on the tree branch.  I changed up the colors, and used a nest of eggs instead of birds...but I think you can definitely tell that I was inspired by it!
 "Multiple Congratulations" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Inside & Out: Baby)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: raven black, aqua) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Flowers: Prima & Zva Creative
Jewels: Kaiser Craft
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success 
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft 
Diecut Cartridges: Straight from the Nest & Give A Hoot by Provo Craft 

Instructions: Fold white cardstock in half to make your card base, and round the bottom corners.  Stamp the sentiment to the top using black and aqua pigment ink.  Cut the branch and its layers using the Cricut Expression and Straight from the Nest cartridge.  Layer together, and adhere to the bottom of the card.  Accent the flowers with jewels.  Cut the nest and its layers using the Cricut Expression and Give A Hoot cartridge.  Adhere the nest cuts to the front of the card, using dimensional adhesive on the top layer.  Glitter the egg cuts, and add them to the middle of the nest cut.  Tie a bow with dotted ribbon, and adhere to the lower left corner of the nest.  Accent the middle of the bow with three paper flowers.

This next card is a hybrid of two sketches that are a little bit similar.  Hopefully that is okay!  I used CardPatterns Sketch 70 and OCC Sketch 21...and took bits from each one.  You have seen this stamp and sentiment before in a blue and yellow card...I loved it so much that I also wanted to make it in pink and yellow.  I love how they are similar, but different at the same time!!
 "We Can Twinkle" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper:: GCD Studios & My Mind's Eye
Paper Frill: Doodlebug Designs
Stamps: Renaissance by Design (Roots & Wings, Roots & Wings Add-on)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: dusty plum, dune & Chalk: rose coral) and Tsukineko (Dye: dandelion)
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Border Punch: Stampin Up
Lace: vintage
Ribbon: Chatterbox

Instructions: Fold yellow cardstock in half to make cardbase.  Cut a pink dotted paper block and and adhere to the front.  Punch a scalloped border to the bottom of a yellow paper block and adhere to the front.  Stamp the tree images and sentiment to a white cardstock block and adhere to the front.  Layer the yellow paper frill and a strip of small pink dot paper right below the stamped block.  Add yellow vintage lace and ruffled pink ribbon to the front.  Accent the stamped image and the right scallops with pearls.

And I am honored about this, because I know a ton of people participate in the sketch challenges every week:
 The card in this post was part of the Taylored Expressions TESC117 top crops!  Yay for blog awards today!! Tee hee!  Thanks Taylor and team!


Now I would like a little feedback from you.  I have been contemplating turning my blog background to black.  While I love the freshness of the white, I shoot with Nikon.  And it is well known in the photography world that Nikon images look better backed in black, and Canon images look better backed in white (I will spare you the technical details of why this is.  It is just a bunch of photography jargon that I am sure you aren't interested in. Tee hee!).  It was proven to me over again when I did a little post on the Glitz blog this weekend, and saw my images on an all black background.  Check it out, and you will see what I mean.  I know that it is completely my decision, but it is a really drastic decision...and I do like to have opinions from those that regularly read my blog.  So- let me know what you think, kay? ETA:  It is pretty apparent that I didn't wait for too much feedback.  I just went ahead and changed it because the black makes my images look so much better.  Glad I know a little about HTML, because I hate the new template editor. 

So- how about a movie post?  Here is what we have watched in the past couple weeks:
  My thoughts?  The Tooth Fairy was silly, but very cute.  Kids will love it.  My husband...not so much.  He is such a sport!  Edge of Darkness has some really graphic violence in it...so much so that I had to turn my head a bit.  The story line was good though.  I really enjoyed extraordinary Measures, and the ending made me tear up with happiness.  And I really loved Remember Me.  The ending is heart wrenching though, so just be aware of that.  So, you all know that I am a Twilight lover- but I am not one of those obsessed fans.  So, no- I didn't just see Remember Me for Robert Pattinson.  But I do have to say- he is a really good actor.  He did an amazing job with this role, and his non-British accent is getting better! Tee hee! So, if you have seen any of these, or do see them...let me know what you think!


Well, I need to get going for now.  I hope that you have a wonderful Tuesday! ♥♥♥


Until later,
~Lea

22 comments

  1. Darling set of cards, Lea. Third one is my fave :D

    Interesting tidbit about the photo backgrounds and camera type. Love learning little things like that. I personally am not a black fan. I find it harder to read the white script on a black or dark BG - maybe it is my aging eyes LOL! However, depending on what you want to promote, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards!! I love the Thank you card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards! I love them all. But the last one is my favourite: I love its soft colours and the beautiful tree sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, your cards are incredible and I could stare at them for hours! I'm glad you enjoyed Remember Me. I want to see that movie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I absolutely love your bubble gum machine card! You do gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous cards Lea! You are always an inspiration! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Lea! I love all of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowsers! They are all awesome! AWESOME! Amazing colors on the card patterns one, think I'm in love with that yellow and pink combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards! Love the pink and yellow combo on the last card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All are so sweet. Love the glittery goodness on the gumball machine, and the sweet colors of the tree card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards! Congrats on making Taylor's Top Crop. That is truely a beautiful card... love the colors and the ribbon/lace treatment. I did see Remember Me and I really liked the story and the relationship between Taylor and his little sister. I agree, RP was good in the movie. Almost better that in Twilight. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are a-mazing Lea! So happy and bright...which I love!

    Thanks for the movie reviews too! I love knowing what other people think, It helps me decide whether to invest the two hours or not. :)

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are GORGEOUS! I especially love your EIC one and how cute with the eggs representing the birth of multiples! I love it!


    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous, gorgeous cards. I love that bubble gum dispenser on the first one- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are so beautiful, sweet and fun! They make me happy just looking at them!

    I especially enjoy your card for the Etsy Design challenge #94. It's clean design and bright, contrasting colors against the neutral kraft cardstock! Great work.

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all crazy, big time ADORABLE!!! Oh girlie, you are a superstar!!! :) I love the "multiples" sentiment with the three little eggs. So cute!! EEKS!!!
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yea I love your movie posts! My hubby is out of town so I might be renting several this weekend!

    Love that nest card so cute! All are fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. White text on black is ok for short bursts, and it helps that your font is not too small. However it is extremely high contrast and hard to read for more than a short article. One of the things I love about your blog is that you do write a good bit about your project, and the movies you've seen, etc. In other words your posts tend to be longer rather than shorter and I love that. The black background also seems counter to the blog title.

    What about putting a thick black border around the photos, almost like a black mat - you can do that easily with CSS - or you could put them in a one-row-one-column table filled with black, and some cellpadding to give it a bit of a margin.

    Love the blog, not sure about the black!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lea,
    The top card of this post was copy and pasted into The Outlawz Challenges. It has been removed and Ashley Finical was suspended for stealing your beautiful card. So sorry this happened to you. Hugz, Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥