Zippity Birthday Fun with GCD Studios!!

July 5, 2010

Happy July to you all!!  This month we have a fabulous theme to share with you, and it was super fun to base my themed projects around!!  Here is the theme photo we used as inspiration:
It is so whimsical, and colorful, and just plain fun...isn't it?!  There are so many paper choices that you could use for this theme from GCD Studios...but I decided to go with the Zippity collection.  It is the epitome of whimsy, and the colors just seemed perfect for it!  Here are the cards that I came up with:
I just LOVED the present shaped cake with the polka dots....so I had to use it for inspiration.  I decided to cut off the paper bow from the present cut, and added a real bow to it.  And this green fabric colored brad from the Homespun Chic line was the perfect touch!!  (The present cut was done using a Cricut Expression & Sweet Treats cartridge.)
And this theme just called for a cute little birthday banner...it practically screamed it!!  :)  So, I made the banner the focal point of the card.  And I don't think the sentiment could get any more happy...I just love it!!

Thanks for celebrating birthdays with me today!

Until later,
~Lea

9 comments

  1. these are such fun and lovely cards. the banners are gorgeous :). Thanks for your sweet comments at my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 super, fun cards , i especially like number 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them both lea! you did an awesome job translating that inspiring photo into some cards. LOVE that little banner and the polka dotted cake too :D

    you're awesome... and you make killer cards! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea, I just love these! Just to warn you, I saved the punched present in my files. I may have to use you in Show CASE soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable present and super cute banner!! Lovin' those Zippity papers! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so sweet and fun! I absolutely love your polka dot present and that banner is perfect!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥