Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 38

July 11, 2010

Happy Sunday everyone!!  Of course, Sunday means that I have a new color challenge to share with you courtesy of Stacey's Stamping Stage blog!  Here are the colors this week:
Here is my card using these fabulous pastel colors!  It is also based on Waltzingmouse Sketch #5, which is a pretty awesome sketch!  Be sure to check it out!
"You're The Best" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Papertrey Ink, My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon
Paper Flair: Doodlebug Designs
Stamps/Ribbon: Renaissance by Design (Blossom & Wilt, Darling Damask
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: heliotrope, amber, raven black & Chalk: rose coral) 
Jewels: Darice Inc. 
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Fiskars

Instructions: Fold vanilla colored cardstock in half to make card base.  Round the corners of a pink leaf paper block, and adhere to the front of the card.  Punch a border to a light orange cardstock strip, and adhere a green dotted paper strip to the top of it.  Adhere the strip to the bottom of the card.  Round the corners of a vanilla cardstock block and stamp the frame & sentiment to the top of it.  Adhere the block to the front of the card.  Add green patterned paper to the bottom of the block, and an orange scalloped paper right above it.  Adhere ribbon over the seam.  Stamp the flowers and leaves to vanilla cardstock, and cut out.  Adhere to opposite corners of the stamped frame, and accent with jewels. 

Be sure to check out what the other ladies came up with too!  I know it will be pure inspiration!  ♥♥♥ 
I got a few new dresses at Target the other day!  I was browsing through the clearance sections, and they had a whole rack of dresses that were 75% off.  So, I started looking through the small section, and they had quite a few cute ones left!  They are dresses that I will also be able to wear while I am in Africa, and get this....I got them for $5.48 each!!  Such a deal.  I could only find images for two of the dresses online, so here they are:
 The other dress is dark blue, black & white, with a v-neck cut and hits me a little past my knees.  It is a very light cotton, and nice and flowy.  The first dress up there hits me at my knees, so it will be appropriate on my trip.  If it hit me the way it did on the model....there is no way I would take it with me.  But, being short.....it is much longer on me.  Tee hee!!  I will wear tops with at least cap sleeves either underneath or over top the dresses while in Africa.  We will be able to wear capris or pants while we are in the orphanage and on the mini safari....but when working in schools/churches or in the cities....we need to wear dresses or skirts.  So- I am trying to get prepared while things are inexpensive!!

Well, that is everything I have to share today!  I hope that you have had a fabulous weekend!!  We had friends over for steaks, parmesan baked red potatoes and grilled veggies last night.  We sat out on the back deck and chatted while we ate...it was so nice!  Then us girls ran and got TCBY for everyone for dessert.  So yummy!!

Until later,
~Lea

20 comments

  1. Simply beautiful Lea!!! The design is so neat and I'm lovin' all the bling!!!

    Your new dresses are so pretty and I know you gonna look gorgeous in them!!! TFS ~ Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! It looks just like the beautiful bouquet in the inspiration photo. And what a sweet deal on dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love all the little details with this card. You always do such a great job with the bling, too!

    Dresses are cute and what a buy! Can't beat that...maybe I should run to Target myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card ! I love the colours and all of the gorgeous details !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great DPs and I love the flowers. Fabulous CC card as always :D Great snag on the dresses! My kind of deals! I'm SO excited to you to go to Africa - wish I could come with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it comes to cards, you ARE the best indeed, chick! Such a wonderful card for this week's colours, yet again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation. Love your combination of patterned papers and how together, they create such a wonderful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great colors on this pretty card! love the flowers with the bling! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, love all the rhinestones on this!!! Great steal on the dresses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card! Love all the pastel colors & that polk a dot ribbon is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat design and such a beautiful card! I love these colours. And those dresses are so pretty, and when they're in clearance they're even prettier, I think...LOL;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful use of this weeks colours Lea!!! I love how you cut out the flowers and the rounded corners are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really stunning, those colors are just WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card! Love the images... and how you used the colors. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet card, I love the colour you used...!!!
    the flowers, the ribbon... lovely...
    baci

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love the pretty 'fresh' look of your card - love the colour scheme too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet card!!! Love your work my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE the colors and flowers on your card! It's beautiful! Also, your purple polka dot ribbon is SO pretty!! Great score on those cute dresses!!! Yay!
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Lea, great combination of colours!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥