CAS Blog's 100th Sketch Celebration!!!

July 23, 2010

I was very excited this week when I received an email from Natasha at the Clean & Simple blog, asking me to take part in their 100th Sketch celebration!  I love that sketch site, and I use the sketches often for the cards on my blog.  Here is the card that I came up with for the 100th sketch!!
  "Wishing You All the Best" supplies: 
Cardstock: The Paper Company
Paper: K & Company and Papertrey Ink
Stamp/Ribbon/Button/Die: Papertrey Ink (YOF: Sweet Peas set) 
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black) 
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Glitter: DecoArt
Colored Pencil: Heidi Swapp
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold green dotted paper in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Cut a scalloped border to a cream cardstock block using a Cuttlebug and medium scallop die.  Stamp the floral image directly to the cardstock block, color in the greenery, and then stamp the sentiment to the front.  Stamp the floral image to pink patterned paper, and cut out just the flowers.  Glitter them, and piece them on top of the existing stamped image.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card base.  Tie ribbon across the top, and add a button to the middle of the bow using twine.

For the celebration, the Clean & Simple blog is doing a blog hop with some amazing card designers!!!  Here is the list, starting at the Clean & Simple blog.  If you came to my blog for other purposes, I would love for you to check out the blog hop!  It is sure to be amazing!!  Here you go, and have lots of fun!  ♥♥♥

33 comments

  1. Wow! This is stunning! The glittered flowers look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how gorgeous! Love the pretty glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gorgeous!! Love how you took the clean & simple sketch and made it "knock me out of my chair stunning!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is gorgeous - love the glittery flowers! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! So pretty and sparkly!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your paper pieced flowers, this card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply gorgeous Lea!!! Love how you used this Set with the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flower image and sample card, Lea :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea, this is really beautiful! Love all the special touches you did with the flower image and love the light green button!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that flower is so pretty! I love how you used this sketch! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG gorgeous is the right word here... stunning creation, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow! That is one CAS-tastic card, sooooo beautiful I lack words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy moly...this card is too fantastic to put into words. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, this is amazing! Those flowers are so beautiful! Glad you could play along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely stunning my sweet friend, loooove!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful Lea! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely,lovely card. I'll be stopping back again...

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is soooooo beautiful...inside and out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hmmmmmm, I see a stamp that I just took the plunge and bought! Thanks for the idea and great card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous flower. Love the button detail on the ribbon too. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your latest cards are just FANTASTIC, I absolutely love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful and elegant. Love the glitter and the color.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous!!! The flowers are stunning!!!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥