CPS Catch Up (again)....

September 18, 2010

I know I have been a little sparse around here lately...and I once again need to catch up with my CPS cards.  But first, don't forget that my "Blogs 4 Boobies" card is still up for auction, and all proceeds benefit the Susan G. Komen foundation.  So, be sure to check it out, and all the other cards up for auction for this great cause!

Well, lets get started!  First up is my card for sketch 181 from a few weeks ago.
  "Fill This Day with Joy" supplies
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Bo Bunny & My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (A Little Argyle, YOF: Sweet Peas)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: antique pewter) & Tsukineko (Chalk: pixie dust)
Ribbon: SEI
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Pen: Zig Writer
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions: Fold dark gray cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a light gray paper block, and stamp the argyle border to the bottom of it.  Stamp the sweet pea flower and leaves to patterned paper and cut out.  Adhere to the top right side of the argyle border, popping the flower with dimensional adhesive.  Tie ribbon directly above the argyle border and add the bow right next to the flower.  Pen a gray line around the top of the paper block, and stamp the sentiment to the middle.  Adhere the entire paper block to the front of the dark gray card, and then accent with pearls.

Up next is my card for CPS #183.  This sketch was a little harder for me to use, and I tried to find a way to make it simpler.  This is what I came up with for it....it uses the sketch fairly abstractly, but that is okay!
"Thinking of You, Always" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (YOF: Lily of the Valley)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: frost white, hunter green) & Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black)
Jewels: Glitz Designs

Instructions: Fold green cardstock in half to make card base, and ink the edges.  Stamp the flower image to a kraft cardstock block.  Fill in the flowers and leaves by dabbing pigment ink onto a Q-tip and lightly brushing it in.  Ink the edges of the stamped block and adhere to the front of the card.  Stamp the sentiment to a kraft strip and adhere to the upper right side using dimensional adhesive.  Accent the flowers with small clear jewels, and accent directly below the sentiment with three large clear jewels. 

And last but not least, is my card for this weeks sketch at CPS, #184
"Kiss Kiss" Supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stickers: Making Memories
Chipboard: We R Memory Keepers
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: Darice Inc.
Button: Papertrey Ink
Pins: Making Memories & Jenni Bowlin
Glitter: Doodlebug Designs
Pen: Zig Millenium
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Tie the Knot by Provo Craft (lips)

Instructions: Fold red dot paper in half to make card base.  Adhere a white cardstock block to the front of the card.  Adhere the kiss, kiss stickers to the lower right corner, and pen a black line around the block.  Cut the diecut lips and layers at 2" using the Cricut Expression and Tie the Knot cartridge.  Glitter the red section, and layer together.  Layer the lips together with the chipboard, and adhere to the front of the card.  Tie ribbon to the front, and adhere a button to the bow using twine.  Add stick pins into the bow.  

Alright...I feel better now that I got those caught up on my blog!  Now, how about some winners?  First up is the winner of the two paper collections from the GCD Studios Jewelry blog hop.  The lucky winning comment is.................
Blogger Debbi said...
I love this piece and the paper. Of course I love everything Melody Ross
September 7, 2010 1:34 PM

Congratulations Debbie!!  Please email me your address to jnllawson @ bresnan.net.  
And the winner of the Cupcards to Go flower challenge is.........
Ivanka!!  Here is her card with the pretty flower she created: 

Email me your address information, and I will send it along to the owner of Cupcards To Go, and she will send out your prize!!  

Well, that is all I have for now!  I am shooting a wedding today.  And even though it is storming, it is going to be a great day!  I love celebrating in the love and commitment of two people, and weather just doesn't matter.  I also think that it is going to let up a little once the festivities get going!  I hope that you have a wonderful day! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

6 comments

  1. Gorgeous cards! Thanks so much for the flower challenge win! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lea! Your cards are stunning. Such perfect details on each one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a funky card and so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards, Lea! Each one has it's own amazing personality and style! How do you do it, girlfriend?!! Your talent blows me away!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥