Skipping Stones Design Sketch 43

September 21, 2010

Happy Tuesday everyone!!  I hope that you had a wonderful weekend and a stress free Monday!  The wedding on Saturday was exquisite and elegant...just how I figured it would be.  I was there as the photographer, and as a friend of the couple...so it was a wonderful day for me as well!  I love celebrating the love of two people, and it is even more glorious when you know the couple and get to share the day with them in such a special way.

As the past couple of weeks have shown, I am one of the guest designers for Skipping Stones Design stamps this month.  Today I have another card to share with you featuring a new stamp set this month called "Wise Men".  I LOVE this set, and I see myself using it over & over again for Christmas this year.  In fact...along with these new fabulous "Joyful Peace" papers from GCD Studios...I think I might have found the design for my Christmas card this year.  Yay!!   Here it is:
"Oh Holy Night" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: GCD Studios
Stamps: Skipping Stones Design (Wise Men set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chianti, frost white) 
Trim: Rusty Pickle
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Border Punch: Fiskars
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Sand the edges and front of a sheet music paper block, and adhere to the front of a kraft card base.  Wrap twine around the middle, and tie the loose ends together in a bow.  Stamp the sentiment and Nativity images to a kraft cardstock block, and ink the edges with white.  Adhere the stamped block to a sanded green paper block.  Punch a border strip from striped paper, and adhere at the seam.  Cover the seam with cream & red trims, and adhere the entire block to the front of the card.  Accent the star and lower right corner with white pearls.   

Once again, Ashley Cannon Newell provided us with an amazing sketch this week.  Check it out: 
Be sure to participate, and link your card up at Skipping Stones Design.  It is an awesome sketch to work with!!

Don't forget that SSD is donating money to the Susan G. Komen foundation this month as well!  There are three ways that you can be part of giving to this wonderful cause!  Here are the ways: 

1. You can help by shopping.  For every stamp set you purchase through Sept. 23, SSD will donate $2 to the foundation.  You can find all SSD stamp sets HERE. (This includes the fabulous Wise Men set shown today...it is a must have.  I swear!!) 

2.  You can help by bidding.  Many wonderful women made cards for the "Blogs 4 Boobies" blog bounce that SSD hosted last week.  Every single card in the Blog Bounce is up for auction, and you can bid on whichever card you want!  Bidding will continue until 8pm on Sept. 23.  Here are links to the two days of blog bouncing: 

3.  You can help by telling your friends.  Spread the word about shopping, and the Blog Bounce bidding.  Put word on your blog, call a friend, send out a text, tweet it....this will help raise money for a wonderful foundation!

I hope that you have a wonderful Tuesday! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

P.S.  Did you watch Dancing with the Stars last night?  I haven't watched it for a couple of seasons, but when I heard that Jennifer Grey was one of the stars...I knew I would have to tune in this season.  Her dance last night was so moving and beautiful.  I can't imagine all the different emotions that flowed through her while rehearsing, and then while doing it live.  I am not sure if it was right to give her such a personal song at the very beginning, but she did an amazing job with it.  Dirty Dancing was my VERY favorite movie when I was growing up, and to this day, it is still one of my faves.  I would daresay that I have watched it over 100 times, and I don't get sick of it.  I watch it at least once a year....normally in the fall while baking something warm and yummy!  I am sure I will watch it soon!! 

8 comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE your card Lea...the pops of color are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, this card is awesome! I LOVE it! The kraft and creams are perfectly paired with the red and green. Everything turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning Lea! I love all of the details - pearls, hemp, ribbon! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a divine stamp set and you used it brilliantly on your card! The red lace trim is gorgeous, too. I love visiting your blog, girlfriend! :)

    Jennifer Grey was very graceful last night. She deserved the high score. The Dirty Dancing movie brings back many great memories. I have had the soundtrack since the movie was released (I'm sure you have it, too)! The BEST music!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥