Oh Fall....

September 24, 2010

...how I love thee. I love fall. I wasn't quite READY for at the end of August, but I am welcoming it now. Football, hot soup, fall leaves & color...warm days and cool nights...it is a good time.

This stamp set came in the mail TODAY, and straight out of the mailbox I had to use it. I have been waiting for a set like this, and I see so many fabulous possibilities with it. I also used FTL 109 from the Clean & Simple Stamping blog for it.
 "Welcome Fall" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Glitz Designs & Papertrey Ink
Stamps/Border Dies/Felt: Papertrey Ink (Wreath for All Seasons)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut, scarlet, amber & Versamark) 
Embossing Powder: Stampendous (detail white) 
Button: craft supply
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Diecut Machine:  Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Adhere a brown dotted paper block to the front of a red card base.  Diecut a scallop border from red floral paper using the Cuttlebug, and adhere to the right side of a white cardstock block.  Stamp the wreath to it, and adhere to the front of the card.  Stamp and heat emboss the sentiment on an orange cardstock strip, and adhere it to the card.  Adhere a piece of twine from the sentiment strip to the wreath, and cover the top with a button.  Tie a bow from twine, and adhere to the wreath.  Accent the bow and the other end of the twine with red pearls.  Cut an eyelet lace border from felt using a Cuttlebug, and layer over top the seam of the stamped block.  Accent the felt border with orange jewels.      

I also have my card to share for CPS sketch 185 this week.  I mixed two older Glitz paper collections for this one, and I love that they worked so well together! 
"Birthday Wishes" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Sticker: Glitz Designs
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Asian Fusion set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: orange)
Flower: Prima
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Fiskars

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Matte damask paper on black cardstock, and adhere a punched border to the bottom.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card.  Add the black flourish sticker to the corner, and place a dotted flower on top of it.  Stamp the sentiment to a white cardstock strip, then fold and cut in a flag shape.  Adhere it to the front, tucked into the side of the flower.  Accent below the paper block with three jewels.  

I promise soon that I am going to share some of my favorite photos, movies, and music as of late.  I have just been super busy lately, and haven't had a lot of time.  We are about to head out in a few minutes for homecoming at Carroll College...so I better get going for now.  Have a wonderful weekend!!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

16 comments

  1. Absolutely fabulous, Lea!! Love that PTI wreath and the way you used the pearls . Lovely pop of colour with the scallops too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Lea! I love that PTI set as well. I used mine the day after I received them. I had to work and got them when I got home. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Stunning beautiful cards. the first one is my ab fab fav. Loved the bling and the hanging wreath. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, LOVE that first one, waiting for my set to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are gorgeous Lea! I was so excited about that wreath set as well. I have only made the one card but I can't wait to play with it some more. You used my fav. wreath of them all on your card! I love fall and I can't wait for the days of soup and chili and the fact that they will last us a week in leftovers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your wreath card is out of this world! Can't wait to use my set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree on the many uses for this tool! I've seen so many cool things in the past week created with it and I can't wait to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what gorgeous cards!! Great sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Love the look of the rhinestones with the eyelet trim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girlfriend, these are unbelievable! Your Fall card takes my breath away. I love the colors, the design and of course, the gorgeous wreath! I've always loved orange and pink together so I especially love your "Birthday wishes" card. That polka dot flower is the perfect touch!

    Have fun at the homecoming game! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, I love your card! The colours are awsome and the sparkle in the die cut scallopes are a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours you've used and the way the wreath looks like a hanging ornament. It would make a lovely Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards! Love how you hanged that wreath with the twine... pretty flower! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these cards. That top one especially is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥