Thank You for Touching My Life

December 28, 2010

As I look upon the sentiment of the card I have to share with you today, I can't help but feel that it is my sincere thanks to all my card making friends and blog readers.  Over the years, this hobby and the people in it have touched my life in so many ways, and I am so thankful for that.  So, as you read my post today and check out my card...know that if I could send it to each and everyone on of your mailboxes, I would.  So, consider this some internet mail, just for you. 

The card is also for "Year in Review" at the CPS Blog this week.  We all chose a favorite sketch from this past year, and made another card for it.  I chose CPS 155 for my card, but if you chose to participate (and we hope you do!), you can use any past sketch from this year.  Here is a link to all of the past CPS sketches, and remember that you can use sketches 148-198 for your card to be eligible.  Without further ado, here is my card:
"Thank You for Touching my Life" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: Glitz Design
Vellum: The Paper Company
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (YOF: Morning Glories set)
Ink: Close To My Heart (Pigment: vanilla cream)
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Pearls: Prima
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Give a Hoot by Provo Craft (Butterfly cuts)

Instructions:  Fold cream cardstock in half to make card base.  Round the corners of an aqua paper block, and adhere to the front.  Cut a strip of polka dot paper and adhere to the left side of the card.  Round the corners of a pink damask paper block and adhere to the front.  Stamp the sentiment in the upper right corner of the pink paper.  Add ribbon over top of where the polka dot strip is, and finish with a bow.  Diecut the butterfly at 2" from vellum, and at 1" from polka dot paper using the Cricut Expression & Give A Hoot cartridge.  Cover the vellum butterfly in glitter, and adhere the two cuts together.  Adhere the butterfly accent near the bow, and then accent with pearl flourishes. 

Did you have a wonderful Christmas?  Ours was nice...we spent it in Sheridan with my parents and brother.  We enjoyed the Candlelight Christmas Eve service at my parents church, where we sang Christmas carols and heard from Luke Chapter 2.  We opened up our Christmas PJ's on Christmas Eve, and ate a TON of food.  We woke on Christmas morning and had some coffee first off.  Then waited for Casey to get out of bed, and finally just made him get up.  We then opened our stockings all at once, and then our gifts one by one.  After opening up all the gifts, we decided a Christmas soak in the hot tub would be nice...and it was definitely that.  My parent's church decided it would be a nice gesture to make a traditional Christmas meal in bulk, and deliver meals to those who either had to work on Christmas day or to those that just wouldn't get a Christmas meal without them.  We packed our car up, and then went and ate with those that were serving.  After that we drove on home, because Josh had to be at work at 3am the next morning.  Gotta love the joys of working in retail.  

My blogging should be back to normal in January, posting regularly and all that.  Thank you for continuing to read my blog, even as sparse as it has been.  

And I will leave you with a movie post.  I watched these two movies recently: 
I watched Slumdog Millionaire on the advice of a friend of mine, and it was wonderful.  Such a good movie.  The Last Song was sweet and then sad...and a bit typical.  But, I enjoyed it for the most part.  Definitely a watch only once movie, so I am glad it was a Netflix rental.  Might have to buy Slumdog Millionaire at some point...I really enjoyed it.  My favorite part...probably the credits.  Tee hee!  If you've seen it, you will know what I mean.  If you haven't seen in...you will just have to watch it to know why.  (I really loved the entire movie...but that was definitely my fave part.) 

Well, I better get going for now.  Hope you have fun ringing in the New Year! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

8 comments

  1. This card is GORGEOUS Lea! Your blog is such a treat to visit. I always leave inspired by what you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card lea . U r always inspiring . Happy new year to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Lea! I really love that sentiment from the PTI set, it's one of my favorites. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is beautiful! love the colors!
    you always have something amazing to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting your beautiful projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Lea! The colors and pearls are just incredible! A wonderful card to receive....so thank you for the thought! I hope you see lots more of me, visiting you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love that sparkly butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card, love the crystals and the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥