Heartfelt & Genuine Appreciation

May 30, 2012

Hey there, everyone!  How is your week going so far?  Great here- just been working out, keeping the house clean, and getting ready for my wedding season to start!  I did an engagement shoot this evening, and then have a wedding on Sunday.  Oh- and then I have another engagement session on Monday....my season has officially begun!!  {And I LOVE it!!}

Today I have a card to share that is full of soft colors and beautiful flowers.  I started with some beautiful Teresa Collins papers, from the Sweet Afternoon collection.  I just love the soft colors and elegant patterns from this gorgeous paper collection.  They mix perfectly with some of the Prima Marketing flowers that have made their way into my stash from StopAndScrap.com!!  Here is the card that I created:
"Heartfelt Appreciation" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream)
Paper/Diecuts: Teresa Collins (Sweet Afternoon collection)
Stamps: WPlus9 (Label Layers 4 set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Stephanie Bernard Dye: chocolate, Chalk: deep lagoon)
Distress Ink/Blending Tool: Tim Holtz (antique linen)
Flowers/Leaves: Prima Marketing
Crocheted Lace/Twine: May Arts
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Button: SEI
Sewing Machine: Brother

Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from vintage cream cardstock. 
2. Cut two blocks of patterned paper and distress ink the edges. 
3. Layer together, stitch along the seam and adhere. 
4. Distress ink the edges of a diecut tag, then stamp the sentiment to it.
5. Adhere it to the card front, then accent with trim, pearls & a twine-threaded button. 
6. Arrange white paper leaves and three flowers in the lower left corner to finish.

Card Challenges:
-The Shabby Tea Room #116- cream, pink & blue + flowers/fabric

If the Sweet Afternoon 6x6 paper pad wasn't enough, the collection also has some sheets of matching diecuts- which is where the sweet sentiment tag came from.  I stamped a greeting to it from my personal collection of stamps and then accented it with crocheted lace, pearls & a twine threaded button.  While this card has quite a few layers...it still has a simple design and could easily be replicated.  Pick out your favorite papers and flowers, and go to town!

Or better yet, get some Sweet Afternoon product for yourself! Teresa Collins "Sweet Afternoon" is still available in the StopAndScrap.com store, so just click on the banner below and it will take you right to where you can order!
Thanks for hanging out with me today!!  I hope that you enjoyed my Sweet Afternoon project!

Until later,
~Lea L.

9 comments

  1. Just so beautiful and creative.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    DS4J DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, I have been such a fan of you and your simply Gorgeous designs! I love how you combine simplicity and elegance together :)

    Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

    ~ Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty papers...and the flower cluster is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty, Lea ... simply gorgeous in those soft, pastel colors and love that fabric bloom! Thanks for sharing your amazing work with us in the Tea Room, sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! I love the pretty flowers and the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super duper SWEET!! How I love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful! Love the soft color palette. Delightful LO. Thanks for sharing with Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, just love the flower arrangement. Thanks for joining in with The Shabby Tearoom this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, beautiful card, love the colours and the details.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥