{I Only Have Eyes for You}

May 14, 2012

Hey there, everyone!!  Happy Monday....I hope that you had a fabulous weekend!!  Ours was great....we went to the farmer's market with our friends and their family in the morning...then we all had a BBQ that evening.  The weather has turned super nice here, and I am just hoping it is here to stay.  It is making me deliriously happy!

Before I get to the card I have to share with you today, I wanted to post the winner of the $20 gift certificate from StopAndScrap.com from our design team announcement blog hop last week.  Drum roll please........
Congratulations, Karen!  Please email me at jnllawson @ bresnan.net (without the spaces, of course) and I will get your code sent off to you!  Thanks to everyone who participated in the blog hop, and for all the wonderful comments and congratulations!  I really do appreciate it!

Now on to my card for today!  I wasn't sure of how this card was coming along at first, and then once I just kept adding things here and there....the finished product kind-of makes me swoon a little.  It isn't a typical card from me, but I like that....definitely gotta keep some spice in life when it comes to card making!  Here is what I created:
 "{I Only Have Eyes for You}" supplies:
Cardstock: WPlus9 (kraft)
Paper/Button: American Crafts (Dear Lizzy "Neopolitan" 6x6 pad)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Clear to See & Smitty's ABCs sets)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: antique pewter & Donna Salazer Mixed Media: chiffon)
Trim: Webster's Pages
Twine: May Arts
Pearls: Michael's brand
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories

Instructions:  Make card from kraft cardstock and round the bottom corners.  Cut a block of pink grid paper, round the bottom corners and adhere.  Cut a strip of grey dotted paper, and adhere to the top of the pink grid block.  Adhere trims to the top of the paper block.  Cut a block of pink lined paper and stamp the sentiment to it.  Adhere below the trims, on top of the pink grid paper.  Cut the "smile" strip from patterned paper, and adhere to the right of the sentiment.  Tie a double bow from pink twine, adhere to the trim and top with a wooden button.  Punch confetti pieces from patterned paper, and adhere to the top and bottom in a scattered pattern.  Add pink pearls randomly into the confetti to finish.

-Cupcake Inspirations #160- photo inspiration
-The Pink Elephant #148- polka dots & stripes
-Charisma Cardz #18- pink & girlie
-Pile It On #20- clean & simple

Well, I hope that you enjoyed my sweet little card today!  I need to go get dinner made so I can bring it to my hard working hubbie who doesn't get to come home for dinner tonight...so I better get going.  Have a great evening!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

15 comments

  1. This is absolutely AMAZING! LOVE all the textures you've used--and the placement of your pearls and circles is superb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ruffled tulle border...really makes the whole card, along with those sweet little pink pearls. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lea,

    Very orginal and graphic. Magnificent realization.Wonderful composition. Beautiful embellishments. Bravo ! Evrything is perfect !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever design and beautiful colors. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, that little bit of ruffled tulle along with the button and how you created that bow is just so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lea! Thanks for linking this up to the Spectacular Spectacles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous pink and girly creation! thanks for joining in at Charisma this week! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply beautiful - a well deserving winning card. Congrats on being picked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo!!! Congrats! Your card is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is totally gorje, and WOO HOO TO YOU! congrats on the good news, and on a fabulous card! i absolutely lurrrve the button - it's a small detail but it totally jumped out at me! :) thanks for sharing your cute creation with the Charisma Galz! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is absolutely darling--so girly and fun! I can see why it was a winner! Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, I won! I'm so excited! I emailed you.

    This card is so sweet. At first glance it made me think of a darling little girl in her pink tutu. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely soft and sweet card! Thanks for playing along with Pile It On this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your win at Card Patterns! This card is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
    I love the gathered tulle and heart trim. Those jumped out at me right away.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥