♥ Crazy About You

May 22, 2013

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Hope the first part of your week has been a good one so far.  It is rainy & dismal here today...a perfect day to sit in my little craft room with a cup of tea & create the time away.  I totally forgot to mention that we went and saw the new Star Trek movie on Saturday evening with our closest friends Grant & Meagan...and it was AWESOME!  (Although the little one in her tummy wasn't too impressed with the noise.  She kept kicking her mama over our movie choice!)  It's been a quiet couple of days on the homefront, so not to much else to update you on.

I have a card up on the Glitz blog today, and this week we are all about the sequins!  Not a stretch for me...I've been using them for a few months now, and adore them!  I won an Avery Elle gift card last month, and I spent it all on some of their amazing sequins!  These sequins are smaller than my coveted Studio Calico sequins, and they mix & match really well.  Although for my card, I just used the smaller AE ones.  I have paired Glitz Design's "Hello Friend" & "Love You Madly" collections on this card, and this is how it turned out!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut background paper slightly smaller, then adhere.
3. Cut the layered sticker in half, pull it apart & adhere the dotted bottom half to the card as shown.
4. Layer a blue cardstock sticker, film diecut & Glitzer frame to the front.
5. Add a glittered tab & cardstock title sticker to the frame, then add the top half of the layered sticker to each side.
6. Wrap twine around the middle, then top with a double bow & giant rhinestone.
7. Cut a banner from patterned paper, stamp the middle sentiment to it & arrange the banners on the bottom of the card.
8. Add the restroom person Glitzer to the title sticker, then accent the card with sequins to finish.

Challenges:
-Cardibilities #75 - sketch
-City Crafter #160 - color inspiration
-Word Art Wednesday #81 - anything goes

I'm pretty much in LOVE with the colors on this card today...makes me want to redecorate my house to match it.  Ha!  Probably not going to happen, but a girl can dream.  :)

Well, that is all I have for you today.  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your Wednesday!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  WPlus9 (white)  |  Paper: Glitz Design (Hello Friend 6x6)  |  Stamps: Simon Says Stamp  (For The Record)  |  Ink: Tsukineko (rosebud)  |  Other:  Glitz Design (cardstock stickers, Glitzer stickers, layered stickers, diecut film, rhinestone)  |  Martha Stewart Crafts (glittered tab)   |  May Arts (ivory twine)  |  Avery Elle (sequins)

15 comments

  1. fabulous layers, love your card, thanks for playing along at Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors & layers! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous card!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing composition! Love your papers and colors! Thank you for playing along with Cardabilities

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a fabulous card this is ... Love all the details and your colours are perfect for our challenge ... Thank you so much for playing at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am crazy about this card :-). It is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect card for the challenge! I love the sequins over the muted background paper, and the design is awesome! So glad you joined us this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crazy about this card. Love how you mixed the Glitz products for this stunning card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardabilities. Oh, and I adore the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card!!!! - thank you for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooooo sequins pennants, layers, and gems...be still my heart! Lea this is a FABulous card!!! Thank you for linking up at Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just darling, Lea. I am such a big fan of the sequins. Thanks for sharing with us again this week. I am always SO delighted when you are able to play along, and always SO very grateful for your participation. Have a blessed week, and take care!
    Thanks for joining us,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these colors too. My aunt just re-did her house in these colors...all new paint and furniture and throw pillows, etc. So jealous. I've been on the sequin bus for a while now too. Need to find new sources for them so I'll check out that Avery Elle place. Just like with washi, every time I think I have plenty, there's always another color or style that I need ;) And yay! - you brought some Instagrammies back to the blog. Love seeing the other side. Some people only want to see crafties.....I like everything...because bloggers are people too, right?! :p Hope you're having a great weekend, Miss Lea. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your card, the many layers and notes are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome and beautiful card Lea!! Thank you for the tutorial :)
    And thank you for joining us at CCCB this week. Hugs and happy day, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cute card! Love all the little sayings on the bottom and whoever gets this is going to just love it :) Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us on Cardabilites this time and hope you have an amazing day...

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥