ME Stamp Highlight: Wanderlust

May 17, 2013

Happy Friday, friends!  It's almost the weekend!!!  Yay!!  I feel like we have a million things going on this weekend.  Our neighborhood has an annual garage sale every year, and Saturday is the day.  While that is going on, I have to run to my cousin's graduation lunch to celebrate with her & my family a bit...then come back to help pack up what doesn't sell at the garage sale.  Then we have to decide if we are going to another graduation party that evening, or if we are going to stay home & just veg out a bit.  Then Sunday looks like it is going to be just as busy.....definitely not a lazy weekend for the Lawson household.

Today we are showcasing another new Mama Elephant stamp set called "Wanderlust".  This is my fave stamp set from this release, and I just know that I am going to be grabbing for it quite often.  I paired it with some fave Studio Calico product, and this is what it came of it!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut background paper slightly smaller, then adhere.
3. Layer the journal card to the front, then stamp the map to it.
4. Stamp the tag, then layer to the left side of the card with the orange sentiment card.
5. Add letter stickers to the tag, then accent the top of the map with a vellum map & sticker.
6. Stamp the sentiment banner to map paper, cut out & adhere below the vellum map.
7. Add a map banner strip to the bottom of the card, then accent with two arrows.
8. Wrap twine around the top of the card, then accent with a jewel.
9 Add two triangle diecuts to the top of the card, then accent with sequins & pearls to finish.

Challenges:
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch - sketch
-Studio Calico Weekly Challenge - color inspiraton
-Simon Says Stamp and Show - 6x6 paper

I just love these soft colors & beautiful patterns...makes me sigh a little bit.  Tee hee!  The other Mama Elephant designers also have some projects to share using the Wanderlust stamps set....so be sure to check them out too!

Savannah O'Gwynn http://savannahland2.blogspot.com/
Lea Lawson http://leascupcakesandsunshine.blogspot.com/
Mariana Grigsby http://marianagrigsby.wordpress.com/
JJ Bolton http://www.jjbolton.org
Cheiron Brandon http://www.cheironbrandon.typepad.com/
Alice Wertz http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/

I hope that you have a wonderful Friday!!

Until later,
~L.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 (white)  |  Paper: Studio Calico (Atlantic 6x6) & Pink Paislee (London Market 6x6)  |  Stamps: Mama Elephant  (Wanderlust)  |  Ink: Tsukineko (onyx black)  |  Other:  Studio Calico (journal card, vellum diecuts, triangle diecuts, stickers, sequins)  |  Prima Marketing (pink jewel)  |  Kaiser Craft (pearls)   |  My Mind's Eye (yellow twine)  |  Craft Supply:tag

10 comments

  1. This is such a great combination of sets! The pink vellum US map I LOVE! fun, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the colors to this card! So pretty

    PS You are the winner of the Technique Tuesday Giveaway. Please send me your info here:
    http://www.heidisonboul.com/contact/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable. I love the vellum die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, that's one of my favourite sayings. congrats on the Technique Tuesday win too! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! Love what you did with the Atlantic collection. You're one busy bee, girl! Hope you've found some time to relax, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you are seriously AMAZING girl, this is just WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the colors of this card...and I also love the background you used to take the photograph (scrapbook paper?) You are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kari! Thanks for the sweet comment! I do photograph all my cards with scrapbook paper backgrounds...just whatever I have that matches best! Thanks so much!! ♥

      Delete
  8. GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT out! I love love love this vellum USA over the map! LOVE the layers of the papers and images.... you nailed this set! YOU ROCK! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your talent!!

    ps... sorry I've been MIA lately! I love your creations for this new release:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥