No Matter the Weather...

May 1, 2013

Happy Wednesday, everyone!!  I hope you've had a good week so far.  Speaking of weather...Montana is pretty much bi-polar right now.  It will be sunshining & warm one minute, then windy the next, then raining while the sun is shining, and then cold, snowing & completely grey...all in the matter of one day.  Ha!  Today has actually been really nice, and it is supposed to be accompanied by even more warmth for at least  a few days.  Then it will probably blizzard.  :)  Oh, life in the north.

WPlus9 is sponsoring the 10 Minute Craft Dash this week, so some of us decided to play along with them!  The colors are two of my FAVES (pink & aqua), and I created this CAS cutie in 9 minutes, 14 seconds.  I even took a 2 minute phone call from my gramma Penny while creating it.  Ha!!  I love how the cloud with garland rain turned out...check it!
Instructions:
1. Make 5-inch square card from vintage cream cardstock.
2. Adhere the diecut Polaroid frame to the front, then attach a peice of washi tape to the right side.
3. Fussy cut the top part of the cloud, then adhere to the left side of the frame.
4. Attach the garland underneath the smaller cloud shape.
5. Stamp the sentiment to it, then finish with gold teeny alphas.
6. Attach the stars to the top & sequins to the bottom to finish.

Challenges:
-10 Minute Craft Dash #17 - colors/timed
-CASology #42 - care
-Simon Says Stamp challenge - just because
-Stamp and Create April - diecut(s)

Well, there you have it!  You could win a $20 WPlus9 gift certificate by playing along, so pick your favorite products using the colors & get the stopwatch on your phone ready to go!  I hope you liked my >10 minute card....and have a great rest of your day!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies:  
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) Paper: Glitz Design (Love You Madly 6x6)   Stamps: WPlus9  (Pretty Patches: Umbrella)  |  Ink: Tuskineko (onyx black)  | Other:Glitz Design (Polaroid diecut, garland, washi tape, gold alphas, cloud sticker)  |  Studio Calico  ( wood veneer stars)   |  Craft Supply: sequins

17 comments

  1. This is so fun! Love the glitter outline on the big cloud and the garland rain drops, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, props to you. I don't think I could make a card that quick, and have it look so nice. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet. love the stitched and hanging circles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous! it would have taken me at least 2-1/2 hours! girl.... u r gooooooood!

    yeah, illinois is bi-polar in weather too. one day it's fabulous, one day it sucks. oh well. take what we can and enjoy!

    have a great week.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these mix of elements, and in awe you could decide in that short of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you made something this pretty that fast! Impressive:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the banner raindrops. Clever! So glad you joined in on the fun this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful card with so many fun little elements! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is oodles of beautiful goodness! I love the hanging circles from the cloud- such a clever idea, Lea! As usual, I'm so impressed with your time. :)

    I'm glad it worked out for you and some of the other WPlus9 gals to join along in this 10 Minute Craft Dash challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card!! Love how you did the cloud!! Very sweet!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this card - so fun and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card! The whimsical cloud is adorable. Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the theme - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/05/52-card-pickup-218.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOw, this is seriously impressive for under 10 minutes!! I love it when you guys play along with us, you always have such beautiful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card! I love all the different textures. Can't believe you made this in under 10 minutes!
    Thanks for joining us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash - I hope we'll see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some very celever things going on in this cute card! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥