Love You to the Stars...

May 9, 2013

Happy Thursday, all!!  How has your day been so far?  Mine has been good!  Pretty quiet around here...other than when the dogs bark at something outside.  It is so nice & warm in Missoula right now, and I am just loving it!  Been sitting on my back deck a bit each day, and just enjoying it while I can.  Considering it's only May...we are bound to have another cold spell.  It would be great if we didn't...but I'm not counting my lucky stars on that one.

Speaking of stars...that is a main theme in my card today!!  I love this sentiment, and the gold glittery stars are the perfect accent for it!  I've combined Dear Lizzy "Lucky Charm" with Studio Calico's "Atlantic" on this one...and I think it turned out so sweet!  I love the soft shades of pink, and bold navy...and the vellum diecuts just make me swoon a little bit.  Here is what I made!
Instructions:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut background paper slightly smaller, then adhere.
3. Layer the banner stickers to the left side, popping the top layer with foam adhesive.
4. Add the wood veneer banner & vellum layers to it, then top with a bow & sequins.
5. Diecut the circle printable, then layer to the front.
6. Add the sentiment card to the top of it, then layer three tabs tucked under the right side.
7. Cut out the sqaure & arrow printables, then layer to left of the sentiment.
8. Add the vellum frame over top of everything, cutting away the left section of it.
9. Accent with a wood veneer, then add a jewel & sequins top of the card.
10.  Finish the card by adding two gold stars to the front.

Challenges:
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch - sketch
-The Play Date Cafe #181 - color inspiration
-A Blog Named Hero #23 - glitter

Kind-of loving this cutie of a card right now.  It would work for mother's day.  It works for just love in general.  A girl or young woman would love to get it...lots of possibilities.  That is all I have for you today...but thought I would share a photo of this little cutie:
She was laying like that on my bed last night while I was brushing my teeth & washing my face.  And now my secret is out....I never make the bed.  Unless I'm having a party.  Ha!  I'm cool with it though...so don't judge me.  :)

Have a great rest of your day!

Until later,
~L.

Supplies:  
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (white) Paper: Dear Lizzy (Lucky Charm 6x6)  |  Other:Dear Lizzy (stickers, sentiment card)  |  Studio Calico  (vellum diecuts, bow, glitter stars, wood veneer symbol, printables, sequins)  |  Teresa Collins Design (bracket tag)  |  Martha Stewart Crafts (gold glitter tab)  | Basic Grey (wood veneer banner)  |  Prima Marketing (pink jewel)

8 comments

  1. Love the gold stars on your card. great layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much "happy" going on with this post, that I don't even know where to start. Your card is awesome. All that glittery goodness makes me smile. And you furry little friend is adorable. And she makes me happy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous card with heaps of texture and interest! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never make the bed either! Your doggie is so sweet, and the card is beautiful! You have such a way with layering and embellishing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! You always have such a touch for combining elements, I always love what you do. This is gorgeous - love all the glitter! So glad you could join us for the Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Lea - your layers are always so effortless. I love them! Thanks for the inspiration, Rx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't make my bed either. ;P Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥