Farewell 2009....Hello 2010!!!

January 1, 2010

Happy New Year my friends!!!  Wow....I cannot believe how quickly 2009 flew by!!  It was really an awesome year....I learned so much, had so much fun, and reached for one of the dreams closest to my heart.  I can't wait to see how this year unfold, not only for myself, but for my family as well.

My blog is going to be super fun this year...packed with cards & projects, life photos, and fun randomness!  I can't wait!!  Just to give you a peek into how January is going to work....I am going to focus on New Year's and Winter until January 7th.  Then that kicks off the week before my 30th birthday....a birthday number that I am not that excited about.  BUT...I am going to look on the bright side and just have fun, and remember that I don't even look CLOSE to the age of 30!  Tee hee!  I am going to focus on birthday themed items for that week...and then after January 14th, my focus will be on Valentine's and Love for a whole month!  I am sure I will slip other type of projects in too....but that is what my focus is for January, and half of Feb.  I hope you will join me!

I have a couple cards to share with you today.  I think they seemed fitting! ;)  This first card is based on this week's sketch at The Sweetest Thing....  Love this one! 
"Brand Spankin' New Year" Supplies:
Cardstock: DCVW & Bazzill Basics
Paper: KI Memories
Paper Frill/Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Pins: Making Memories & Maya Road
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design (Tropic Satin Dot)
Button: craft supply
Ink: Clearsnap
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridges: Graphically Speaking, Designer's Calendar, & Stand And Salute by Provo Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions: Fold aqua cardstock in half to make card base.  Round the corners of a block of patterned paper and adhere to the front.  Add black paper frill to the bottom of a strip of paper and adhere to the front.  Cut "brand spankin' new" at 2 1/4" using the Graphically Speaking cartridge and black cardstock.  Cut the arrow layers from aqua cardstock and layer together.  Adhere the cut to the front of the card.  Add a strip of tropic satin dot ribbon right below the sentiment.  Cut the "rocket" at 1 1/2" using Stand And Salute cartridge and black cardstock.  This cartridge doesn't provide layers, so cut again twice at 1" from red & yellow glittered cardstock.  Cut off the section you want and layer to the original cut, and adhere to the front.  Cut "year" at 2" using the Designer's Calendar cartridge and pink cardstock (script feature).  It's original cut says "leapyear", so cut off the portion you don't need, and adhere the other part with dimensional adhesive.  Add a bow to the right side of the card, and accent with a button, jewels, and pins. 

This next card was done for a few challenges!  The current sketch challenge at The Pink Elephant, the Digging Deep challenge at 365 cards (I have had all this product forever, and I have never used ANY of these Cricut cuts), The Blackout challenge at Just Buggin' and the New Beginnings challenge at Daring Cardmakers.  I never in a million years thought I would actually use the Hannah Montana cartridge when I pulled it out of a box from Provo Craft, unless they gave me an assignment for it.  But, upon looking through it recently...it is awesome!  There isn't much actually related to Hannah Montana, and the fonts are fabulous....like this star one!
 "Cheers" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, Doodlebug Designs & Wausau
Paper: Doodlebug Designs
Jewels: Westrim Crafts
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridges: Home Decor, Stretch Your Imagination, & Hannah Montana by Provo Craft

Instructions: Fold black cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a block of white flocked paper and adhere to the front.  Punch a border to striped paper and adhere to the front.  Cut the star at 2 1/2" using the Home Decor cartridge and yellow cardstock.  Adhere to the front.  Cut the glass at 2 1/2" using the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge and white shimmer cardstock (blackout feature).  Cut the layers from yellow and black glittered cardstock.  Layer together, accent with a jewel, and adhere to the front.  Cut the letters at 1" using the Hannah Montana cartridge and black cardstock (rockstar option).  Adhere to the front.  Accent the card with star jewels.  

So, did you have a great New Years Eve?  We had a blast at home!!  We had garlic chicken alfredo tomato pizza and champagne....we played around with slow shutter speeds on our camera while pouring the champagne....cuddled with the pups....watched football and the Red Bull No Limits thing on ESPN.....watched the movie "9" (totally weird)....and took photos together using the self timer.  I was learning so much about photography last year, that I slacked on photographing our life together.  I have a resolution to do that much more this year...the little moments, and big moments.  So, you will be seeing more photos too! :)  Here are some from our new years!  And I am proving to myself that it is okay to show people photos straight out of the camera.  All of these have no adjustments, other than the frame border and a quick unsharp mask in PS.  I am pretty happy with how they turned out!

I have to laugh a little about the first photo collage of Bailey & Sadie.  That is normally all I get from Bailey...the yorkie.  He HATES the camera.  So, I have to either be really quick when shooting a photo of him, or just deal with what he gives me.  In the family photo...I set a treat on the camera.  He totally gets it....Sadie is clueless.  Tee hee!

And I don't think I ever showed you my Christmas decorations!!  Here is just a small look....because I took these last night!  Just of my tree and one of my table decorations.  Hope you like them!

Well, 2010 is going to be a fabulous year....I can just tell!!  I will be back soon with some more Winter themed projects!!  Enjoy your New Year's!! ♥

Until later,
~Lea

31 comments

  1. Happy New Years Lea!!!! I *LOVE* your stunning photo's, and they look amazing! I always use unsharp mask on mine too, even if nothing else needs done. Love your card creations, so awesome & unique!!

    There's a little 'tribute' to you over on the Cricut msg. boards I thought was sweet.. http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=5918604&mpage=1&key=&#5921959

    Have a wonderful day!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your photos Lea!! And of course, love your cards, as always!!
    happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your man's tarten 'trews' - very hogmanay! I love your Christmas decorations, you've obviously gone to a lot of effort and they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. erm sorry, I got sidetracked by your photos and forgot to say how much I liked your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your cards are gorgeous as always, LOVE the pics of you two & the wee pups, so cuuuuuute! happy new year my sweet friend (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just love those cards and they are so festive. i don't use my cricut enough, either.

    i love your photos, too. they are really great

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy new year! Love your cards...thanks for joining us over at 365 Cards!!!!

    Great pics...can't wait to see what all you have in store for us...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cards!!! YOur pictures are soooo good!!! And your pups are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards and your puppies are just gorgeous!

    Happy New Year and thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers.

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh love your cards. And love your dogs! I have a yorkie too. Is yours as attention demanding as mine? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards and your dogs and your decorations. I think 2010 is going to be amazing too - fingers crossed.

    Thank you for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant and Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh...such lovely cards. Love them all! And wonderful pictures. Best wishes for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great take on Karen's sketch- so fun!! Love all the self snapshots and your tree, too. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are so bright and FUN! Love all the details. LOVIN' your photograph skills, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous and elegant and devine cards Lea, I just adore your style!

    Love your beautiful photos, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these cards Lea and i just got a cricut expressions for christmas so super excited to see your amazing work with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darling cards!! Great job with this weeks challenge!! Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job Lea!! Love both of your cards!
    Hugs,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute pups! Love your cards!!! "Cheers" to you too!

    Thanks for joining us at Just Buggin'!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cards are so bright and cheery!! Your photos are great!! And your doggies are super cute!!
    Lynne JB DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. These cards are both absolutely wonderful! Love your pictures also! Thanks for joing us at JB!
    Stephanie H *JB DT*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cards are great!!! I love all the colors on the first one and the ribbon is adorable. I love the look of the 2nd one too. I can never get myself to use white, but I love it when other people do. Thanks for joining us at Just Buggin!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay, I feel like I'm in Twilight Zone. This has happened to me twice tonight! I've been visiting your blog for about a year now but rarely leavel comments. Then I come here today and think these cards look familiar and then realize I saw them yesterday when I was blog hopping. Wierd!!!

    I love them both as much as I did yesterday!!! Thanks for joining in the Just Buggin' challenge!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Lea - I'm totally in awe of your gorgeous photographs!!! And of course, I'm thrilled that you've played along at 365 Cards because then I get the pleasure of seeing your work, which is stunning as always. Happy early birthday - you don't look a day over 25 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous cards...great pics...thanks for sharing and for playing along with Just Buggin. Hope to see you again next time.
    Lori
    JB DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely projects and lovely photos, adorable Yorkie, we love ours to bits.

    Best wishes
    Karen
    JB DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awww I love your cute puppies! And the cards too of course, so bright and fun! ;) I love the idea of focusing on certain themes during the weeks/months of the year, what a great concept! Thanks for sharing this and playing along at Just Buggin!

    Kandi *JB DT*

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your cards are fabulous and such great photos, you are a wonderful photographer!!

    Robin R
    Just Buggin' design team

    ReplyDelete
  29. GREAT cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Buggin!

    Lori C.
    JB DT

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥