Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 25

April 11, 2010

This Sunday brings you a really citrusy color challenge, courtesy of Stacey's Stamping Stage Blog!!  These colors are absolutely fun...and I went with the bright tones of them!  First off, here are the colors:
Pretty fun colors, huh?  I went with a more clean and simple approach this time around, and also used Get Sketchy #33 for it!  Love the fun circles...especially when it means I can break out my Dot Spot stamp set!!  ♥  I would normally use a smooth cardstock when stamping with this set, but I decided to try out a textured cardstock.  And for this card...I am loving the imperfect stamping!  I wouldn't like it on every card, but I think it works here! 
"Celebrate Today & Every Day" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Dot Spot & Year of the Flower: Daffodil
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: razzberry, orange, canary, black) 
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs

Instructions:  Fold lime green cardstock in half to make cardbase.  Stamp the dots and sentiment to a white cardstock block.  Adhere to the front of the card, and accent the middle of the dots with a matching colored jewel.  Pretty quick and easy...huh?  :) 

Don't forget to check out the rest of the fabulous cards for this week!!  They are sure to be awesome! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea

26 comments

  1. Love the bling in the circles and how you used that sketch. Great use of this week's colours ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, Lea! I was thinking this week that I really wish I had that set for a bright color combo like this one:) Perfect choice:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that set!!!!! you have really rocked this challenge, both with the colours and the layout! Clean & simple, yet oh so elegant- just love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! so pretty! love your take on the sketch! fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! this is just stunning so eyecatching! What a fabulous set. Love the stones too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. soooo sweet! love the colors and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stamp work never ceases to amaze!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, pretty card, wonderful colors, great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great way to use those bright, bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I am absolutely loving your card, fantastic job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, Lea! I have this set from PTI and haven't used it yet. Guess I need to break it out and use it hu? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous use of these colours as well as that Dot Spot stamp set - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Lea! I almost used my dot spot for this sketch to. I really should break it out one day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the color scheme- thanks for stopping my my blog - I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so eye-catching, and a great use of the colors! I am finding more and more reasons why I need Dot Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the clean look! Great use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, It is really so clean and refreshing colors match. This is quick too, I love this one very much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lea, you nailed these colours!! Awesome work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH my golly those are THE most delicious colors! Reminds me of sherbet. I love your stamping on the textured cardstock. It really gives the "dots" added dimension. So colorful and fun, Lea!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  20. well snap! its bright, bold, and beutiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Lea, and so SO fun! Lov ethe blingy centers!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh, this is super cute Lea!! Love the bright colors and the bling!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  23. SIMPLY GORGEOUS LEA!!! I love this Set too and your rocked it with these colors!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super approach to these "challenging" colors! The textured cardstock really gives it and added dimension. The bling is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cool! You have made me want this stamp set! I should have ordered it last night. I knew there was something else... shucks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥