Glittery Floral Goodness with GCD!!

April 25, 2010

Happy Sunday everyone!  I have my themed cards to share with you today.  I know you may have seen this image already, but it is just SO pretty...that I have to post it again!
I was so inspired by the pink, green & white, the jewels, the flowers....everything about this image.  I just love it!  Here is my first card:
All supplies except the ribbon and lace trim are from the Homespun Chic line by Melody Ross.  This paper is so wonderful, and glittery, and full of texture...it just makes me want to {sigh}.  I hand-cut some of the flowers and roses and added them to give it more dimension.

And here is my second card, along with a little detail shot.  I can't take credit for the paper rose technique on this one...I learned how to do it on a fellow paper crafter's blog.  I love how it turned out though...especially after glittering it!
Mother's Day is coming up, and I think the sentiment on this card is just perfect for that fabulous mom or mother figure in your life.  I think it would also be perfect for a grandmother, especially with the retro image!

Until later,
~Lea

17 comments

  1. Wow, you definitely do the best cards with the GCD Studio papers. I admire these two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea,
    Sooo pretty, both cards. I love the flower you created!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh....beautiful flowers and equally gorgeous cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful, Lea. I love the glittered rose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is wonderous!! so speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you can rock those GCD goodies!! Both of these cards are perfect for Mother's Day. And that glittered up flower....STUNNING!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm starting to see a color scheme theme happening with your posts ;-) They're all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola! están hermosos tus diseños.

    ReplyDelete
  9. from Your Gramma, Lea your cards are just the best! BEAUTIFUL! As are you! Hugs, Gramma

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥