Curtain Call Color Challenge: Act 24

April 5, 2010

Sorry I am so late posting the color challenge, courtesy of Stacey's Stamping Stage Blog!  We were out of town all weekend, and I didn't bring the image with me so I could post it.  And then today just completely got away from me.... I'm only human, and I imagine you all feel me on that! Tee hee!  So, without further ado...here are the colors for this week:
What I am loving about being part of this challenge is that I am using colors that I would normally not think to put together!  I also used some of my new Lawn Fawn stamps!!  Just got them in the mail and couldn't WAIT to break into them!  They are SO SO cute, and they stamp wonderfully!  Check out the Lawn Fawn Blog, and a link to the stamp set will be in my supply list!  I also used FTL 84 from the Clean & Simple Stamping blog for this one...such a fab sketch!  And last, but not least...I did this with the Moxie Fab "Picking Up The Pieces" challenge in mind.  I hope to get another card with more elaborate paper piecing done, but if not...I still got the challenge done! 
 "You're Sew Lovely" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper: GCD Studios (Melody Ross Ava Collection) 
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Sew Lovely set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: black, tourquoise) 
Felt/Metal Die: Papertrey Ink
Ribbon: Renaissance By Design
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Button: Doodlebug Designs
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Embossing tool: Scor-Pal

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a yellow medallion paper strip and adhere to the bottom of the the card.  Round the top corners of a white cardstock block, and stamp the dress form and sentiment to it.  Emboss lines to it making diamond shapes using the Scor-Pal tool.  Adhere the block to the top of the card.  Cut the felt scallop strip using the Cuttlebug and medium scallop die.  Adhere along the seam, and tie a ribbon around it.  Attach a button to the bow using twine.  Stamp the dress form to patterned paper, and cut out just the dress portion.  Paper piece over the existing stamped image on the white cardstock, and then accent with yellow pearls. 

Once again...don't forget to check out the rest of the gals!  It is sure to be "sew lovely"!  Tee hee! ♥♥♥


Until later,
~Lea

28 comments

  1. Wow this is so pretty and "sexy" too :-)! Love everything on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that card is awesome!!! Love the fresh colours, the paper piecing and the oh-so-cute stamp set!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So (or sew!) many things to comment about! Love the little pearl accents with the embossing. Then, there's the polka dot ribbon AND button! Plus, the stamping along the bottom. THEN, the patterned dress on the dress form. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. darling card, Lea! love the fun print on the dress that you created:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun image :D Love the scoring with the half pearls at the intersections and the polka dotted ribbon is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whow Lea what a great take on this challenge
    your choice of elements are just perfect
    this is a wonderful card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lea - *sew fabulous* is how this card should be described - it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I so love the way you put those colors together! That dress form is so cute and I like the score lines in the white cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea, your creation is well worth the wait!! I have just put this stamp set on my wish list, you have just justified why it should be on that list- thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. And Lea, that is one dang lovely card.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  11. and this card is sew lovely too - those colors: man oh man!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lea..Stunning card. I was here earlier and before I could leave a comment, I got carried away into Fawn Lawn stamps coz I liked your card so much :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is THE cutest stamp and this is THE cutest card! LOVE the embossing detail you added and the sweet little pearls. Gracious, that is the prettiest color ribbon, too! Oh yes, I love it ALL !!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! I love some lawn fawn stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love it! So pretty!! Those stamps are a lot of fun, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lea, this is STUNNING! Love the paper pieced image and the sweet pearl accents!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card!!! love that dressform, really cool!!

    and thanks for your comment on my blog!!! nice day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So perfect and gorgeous! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute and beautiful...love the paper piecing!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  20. FANTASTIC! Love the paper pieced dress form! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a beautiful card. I love the big rounded corners, the scallops, and the polka-dot theme throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Lea! Thanks so much for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥